Cavaliers in Trouble?

The biggest difference between 2012 and 2010 was that the show in 2010 had people going crazy on the entertainment factor. I even liked it. Not a huge fan of this show and many aren't as well. Before I even knew scores, I felt like this might be a 97 year for them

• Like 1

The biggest difference between 2012 and 2010 was that the show in 2010 had people going crazy on the entertainment factor. I even liked it. Not a huge fan of this show and many aren't as well. Before I even knew scores, I felt like this might be a 97 year for them

I actually thought the Cavs music was pretty good. ( the guard uniforms ? not so much )

• Like 2

Did you watch the show from Saturday? This is clearly a VERY different corps, and the show just screams "how do I fill these shoes" via all the new staff.

I certainly hope they do well and will always cheer them on, but this was the biggest shock I've had since the first year of amplification.

EDIT: Not trolling, I promise. You can merge this thread with the Cavaliers 2012 thread if you want. Just voicing my (extremely disappointed) thoughts. For 15 years the Cavs (in my mid) pushed the art of drum corps to new and exciting places. Last year, with the extended recordings and re-hashes of old moves (notably the "jump over other guys" move at the end) I got a little worried ... and now I'm just dumbfounded.

nope haven't seen the show. just clearly stating that by one performance on the first weekend of the season it's not exactly time to say the sky is falling. shows evolve from their infancy, especially with the time they have until Lucas Oil.

• Like 3

I seem to recall the sky falling when they debuted their 2010 show, but the ended up in 2nd. So....I won't count them out yet

Saw them at the start of 2010. It was clear the show was just dirty. But it was also clear the show was good. I don't see that yet but I'm certainly not going to write them off so early. It may be it's just very *different* and they need to get their teeth into it.

• Like 2

Surprised to see so many people butthurt by this post. If that's how you guys feel ... DON'T read my review. +1 to the topic creator. I think they're dead on!

• Like 9

I talked to someone who knows somebody who's friends with a girl who dated a guy that's currently marching with the Cavies and word on the street is they already folded and all members should be home by Wednesday.

True story.

Of course. Since this is on the Internet, it has to be true.

I wouldn't say that I was thrilled when I read the description, or that I was thrilled at what I saw in the theater.

I will, however, say that I like this Cavies show more musically than I did the previous two years.

I talked to someone who knows somebody who's friends with a girl who dated a guy that's currently marching with the Cavies and word on the street is they already folded and all members should be home by Wednesday.

True story.

Soda on my computer screen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will admit that some beers are fueling my sensationalism right now, also I'm a non-frequent poster here so I don't know the atmosphere/posting style.

BUT

It seems like the most common counter to my feelings is "wait and see". That's fine, but again, there is (so far) no hint that this is CLOSE to the Cavies we've come to know. As the announcer said ... "much more literal and less geometric than we're used to". I miss one triangle becoming two as the first triangle marches backwards while the second one crabwalks sideways. This show felt like "DCI 101" in a bad way.

Like I said before ... you'd think there was an assistant somewhere who learned from Fielder and Gaines and knew what Cavs fans expected/like/wanted. Instead, them and SCV have switched ... SCV are doing dissonant shows with original music and challenging drill, while the Cavs are without an identity and playing a beefed-up high school book.

I VERY MUCH HOPE that I am eating crow in August, and you can all hold me to it.

• Like 3