Stanford Live!

A quick question from last night.

Has Vanguard's opening announcement always been show title first, loooooong pasue, drum major next, corps announcement to finish it? Or was that an error of timing on Crocker's part? It just seemed so....backwards. :tongue:

What's up with all the hate so early on? I mean I understand that most people hate the favorites, and here BD is yet again. But they've brought a pretty accessible show (imo) in 2012, as well as 2011. I realize they don't go after the typical 1980s Madison Scouts sound, but why hate on the possible innovation in other areas? They march exceptionally well and their brass is unmatched (aside from Crown and PR). Yeah you don't get it, but maybe you will after more than one or two views. But then again, I guess we should all hate everything that isn't the norm. Just like we hated the geometrical drill that the brilliant Cavaliers brought us in the early 2000s, right? C'MON, IT'S SUPER EARLY!!! Let's see where it goes. With that said I thought everyone played extremely well tonight. Loving this season from everyone (yes even Blue Knights have peaked my interest).

Yea, but Cavaliers were actually marching during those shows...

• Like 1

I can't wait until Cadets, Crown, Phantom, and Blue Devils finally go head to head (to an additional head) at Minneapolis. I still believe that Crown has the best overall package this year. Not to mention that their show is extremely difficult both visually and musically. Hopefully it's not over reaching. Nevertheless, it is supposed to be about super human abilities.

Anyone know how long it takes for the VOD to get uploaded on FanNetwork?

I still have the show up...

I'm viewing it now..

Yea, but Cavaliers were actually marching during those shows...

I agree - the Cavaliers of the early-mid 2000's did march quite a bit. However, the amount and quality of body movement/dance that BD brings to the table today is really astounding. In some ways, it is more difficult to achieve than traditional geometric or curvilinear drill, imo. Quite difficult to clean from individual to individual.

And they do "march" quite a bit too, I think sometimes people get so caught up in pointing out the places where BD stands still that they miss the extremely difficult, high speed maneuvers throughout the show.

• Like 1