bridgeport

Let's also consider that until MBI won prelims last year, Statesmen were as close as anyone was to Reading during their streak coming within .8 at Reading's own homeshow in 2010

The Statesmen got even closer than that during the streak... at Prelims and Finals in 2006. Within four tenths, both shows.

The Statesmen also have been in the top four at Finals every year since 1988, and have won five DCA titles during that span. And until MBI topped the Bucs last year, the Statesmen were the last DCA corps not from Reading, PA, to win a championship, in 2004.

I'm guessing the Rochester folks are doing something right, in terms of being competitive on a yearly basis.

The Statesmen got even closer than that during the streak... at Prelims and Finals in 2006. Within four tenths, both shows.

The Statesmen also have been in the top four at Finals every year since 1988, and have won five DCA titles during that span. And until MBI topped the Bucs last year, the Statesmen were the last DCA corps not from Reading, PA, to win a championship, in 2004.

I'm guessing the Rochester folks are doing something right, in terms of being competitive on a yearly basis.

Ha! All very true, Fran. I was keeping it more recent since that seemed to be what Mr. Skeptic was interested in.

Great post OldManDrumCorps. I love what Empire does and don't think they are that far off in terms of concept. I understand the points made about the quality of the music book and visual package, but execution is a major factor that separates Buccs from the rest and they have been beasts at that from early on the past several seasons.

So let's see if anyone can build on their program execution and also add more complexity to surpass Buccs. Difficult? For sure. Impossible? No way. Buccs know this and I am sure are not satisfied with where they are. Bottom line, I think it is silly to crown Buccs after this early show. But they clearly are the ones to beat just like the past several years. And we have yet to see where C2 and Kidsgrove factor in. Much more yet to come!

• Like 2

you tell em fran..........

Great post OldManDrumCorps. I love what Empire does and don't think they are that far off in terms of concept. I understand the points made about the quality of the music book and visual package, but execution is a major factor that separates Buccs from the rest and they have been beasts at that from early on the past several seasons.

So let's see if anyone can build on their program execution and also add more complexity to surpass Buccs. Difficult? For sure. Impossible? No way. Buccs know this and I am sure are not satisfied with where they are. Bottom line, I think it is silly to crown Buccs after this early show. But they clearly are the ones to beat just like the past several years. And we have yet to see where C2 and Kidsgrove factor in. Much more yet to come!

your right . but we all know the bucs are tough to beat. except for DCA last year they are the ones to beat and are the favorites at this point. but anything is possible.

but anything is possible.

I detest that saying. It's a lie people tell to convince themselves that the impossible can happen, even though it can't. I'm not saying it applies to ES, but it's kind of ridiculous.

Edit: Not a rip on don, just seen that a lot the last year or two when someone gets mad about their corps' review

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

I detest that saying. It's a lie people tell to convince themselves that the impossible can happen, even though it can't. I'm not saying it applies to ES, but it's kind of ridiculous.

Edit: Not a rip on don, just seen that a lot the last year or two when someone gets mad about their corps' review

well, many people wrote off MBI after Lewisburg last year, but they showed anything is possible

:tongue:

Anyone who did was wholly ignorant. You can I both called it from the stands.

yes you and I did both predict what would happen. but some people only look at scores