bridgeport

it will be interesting in the years ahead to see if your right about the cabs. they had different staff's back in the day. what stayed the same in all those years was the director. and of course they had people that stayed with them for years. and all the corps practiced on thursday and friday night's. saturday was about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. no sunday's unless you had a show. then it was a quick run through. if you have the right formula then you can do a lot in a minimal amount of time.

Agreed. The rehearsal hours you describe just aren't realistic with today's shows. And that's a good thing, though a lot of corps didn't adapt all that well to the paradigm shift.

This season is the most promising since I've been following DCA (which admittedly isn't all that long). I'm really looking forward to the Clifton show. By then we're going to have a good handle on where the season is going. Maybe I'll even do a review afterwards.

it will be interesting in the years ahead to see if your right about the cabs. they had different staff's back in the day. what stayed the same in all those years was the director. and of course they had people that stayed with them for years. and all the corps practiced on thursday and friday night's. saturday was about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. no sunday's unless you had a show. then it was a quick run through. if you have the right formula then you can do a lot in a minimal amount of time.

you must be going back several decades...They have been doing Sundays for many many years

When I was with Brigs, we rarely rehearsed on Sundays. I think I could count the number of times over my 4 years there on one hand.

I think Cabs have been doing Sundays since the 80s...maybe not all , but most...Saturdays until shows started were long also............maybe thats changed recently

When I was with Brigs, we rarely rehearsed on Sundays. I think I could count the number of times over my 4 years there on one hand.

same in 95 and 96..once shows started we rarely did Sundays. Usually it was only if we had a long weekend like the 4th or didn't have a show at all

I think it would have been alot easier to just ask, but if so many of you are concerned with our Sunday schedule, let me tell you....I can honestly say that my corps DOES rehearse on Sunday's. The only time we do not, is if we have a long distance to travel. Since March, I think the only 2 Sunday's we have had off was due to Mother's Day and Father's day. Other days might have included a Sunday parade....but that is it.

Show days, we usually go from 9am till around 4pm. (depending on what time we are scheduled to perform that night).

We had this same schedule last year, and every other year I marched previously.

I hope that answers all of your questions!

• Like 2

I think it would have been alot easier to just ask, but if so many of you are concerned with our Sunday schedule, let me tell you....I can honestly say that my corps DOES rehearse on Sunday's. The only time we do not, is if we have a long distance to travel. Since March, I think the only 2 Sunday's we have had off was due to Mother's Day and Father's day. Other days might have included a Sunday parade....but that is it.

Show days, we usually go from 9am till around 4pm. (depending on what time we are scheduled to perform that night).

We had this same schedule last year, and every other year I marched previously.

I hope that answers all of your questions!

I thought so :thumbup: I think it was started ( Im not lookin back ..lol ) by someone talking about time verses quality time ) I think it doesnt matter actually..the dynamics from one corps to the next, instructor availability, members, facilities all factor in and can be differnt from corps to corp...So no comparison could or should be made...UGH ...gotta love it..lol

Someone sent me a video from Barnum

music sounded nice..love the blending.....staging looking good :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

I thought so :thumbup: I think it was started ( Im not lookin back ..lol ) by someone talking about time verses quality time ) I think it doesnt matter actually..the dynamics from one corps to the next, instructor availability, members, facilities all factor in and can be differnt from corps to corp...So no comparison could or should be made...UGH ...gotta love it..lol

Someone sent me a video from Barnum

music sounded nice..love the blending.....staging looking good :smile:

Thank you. I really appreciate that!

We work just as hard as everyone else out there, I can guarantee that. I have been around long enough to know that the way this corps rehearses is ALOT different than how we did it in the 90's. Much more efficient use of our time, and run very well I might add. Ample amount of time for water breaks when it is called for, and the attitude in this corps is amazing. EVERY member has bought into the program, and EVERY member enjoys performing this show.

There you have it!!!

Any other questions or concerns from anyone on this thread, you can PM me. I will gladly answer any question you have.

• Like 1

Thank you. I really appreciate that!

We work just as hard as everyone else out there, I can guarantee that. I have been around long enough to know that the way this corps rehearses is ALOT different than how we did it in the 90's. Much more efficient use of our time, and run very well I might add. Ample amount of time for water breaks when it is called for, and the attitude in this corps is amazing. EVERY member has bought into the program, and EVERY member enjoys performing this show.

There you have it!!!

Any other questions or concerns from anyone on this thread, you can PM me. I will gladly answer any question you have.

hey the corps was great in the 90s....love those years :smile:

91 a personal fav !!!!!

Edited by GUARDLING

you must be going back several decades...They have been doing Sundays for many many years

check my sig.