17. Surf

18. Academy

19. Crest

20. Mandarins

21. Sound

22. Cascades

23. Pioneer

• Like 1

Hilarious thread, IMO... all the Drum and Bugle Corps are good! GO DCI!

prediction thread fights are a hoot to watch unfold too. Folks take predictions from others soooo seriously that its fun to watch the back and forth on the " prediction ". ( haha ! )

My prediction:

1. Carolina

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets (although I think their Christmas show is ridiculous)

4. Phantom

5. Blue Coats

6. Madison Scouts

7. SCV

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Cavaliers

10. Spirit

11. Blue Stars

12. Blue Knights

If by "ridiculous" you mean "awesome", I agree !!

• Like 3

HockeyDad, are you really Mike Leckrone?

No sir, but I do have 3 (Yes three) kids in his marching band and he is a god among men. Eat a Rock!

On a related note, I have often wondered why the Madison Scouts don't draw more from the UW band. Yes, the styles couldn't be more different, but the goals are quite similar (excellence and entertainment). In a typical year there might be one kid from the UW band who also joins the Scouts (last season one of the bass drummers in the UW band was in Scouts), but that's it. Last year, or maybe 2 years ago, the UW band played excerpts from Slaughter, and Mike asked if anyone had ever heard the music before. Only a couple kids raised their hands, mine included of course, as I've been hauling them to drum corps shows since they were born.

Awesome. I marched in the Badger Band from 1977-1981.

Eat a Rock!

Edited by Roark1

More straw man arguments. Par for the course, I guess. No one is getting bent out of shape because of people's opinions or people thinking that a particular corps won't "rocket to the top" (your words). It was two off-hand comments that aren't supported by what has already transpired. If Scouts weakness is visual "again", then so is Bluecoats, I guess, since Scouts have beaten them in GE Visual this year, etc, etc.

So yes, straw man arguments. No one is saying anything that you are claiming (Scouts not top 5, yadda, yadda, yadda). These weren't even comments you made. It was spinningsader and Catan.

Really not sure where the disconnect is and why you're not getting this. It would seem that you're the one not comprehending what you're reading. But I'm sure this will once again fall on deaf ears. Oh well.

Do you just type and hope that the words fall out in some kind of coherent order? Yes, I get it that a couple of people made some negative comments about the Scouts, but I should probably remind you that this is a PREDICTION thread. This has no bearing to the season. yeah, some people carry biases, but that's their deal. If some people want to remain ignorant, then just let them do that. I probably should have done the same instead of getting with an argument with a guy who thinks he's cool for using big words.

And if it's nothing I said, why try and pick a fight with me? Any logic there? You probably should have tried something with the people who made the comments, not someone who was just posting on here

And yeah dude, I can comprehend what I'm reading. I might be only be a 5th year college student in music, but reading comprehension was taught back when I was in elementary school. I trust you made it through that part?

Last post on this ridiculous thread that people take too seriously. These are predictions, not facts. Just guesses, some educated, some not. This is just what people think may happen some time between now and Finals. Not what exactly will happen, maybe one person will get their predictions right, but the vast majority will be very wrong come August. Just relax people, take a deep breath, and realize none of this holds any bearing on the judges or performance of the corps.

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 2

On a related note, I have often wondered why the Madison Scouts don't draw more from the UW band. Yes, the styles couldn't be more different, but the goals are quite similar (excellence and entertainment). In a typical year there might be one kid from the UW band who also joins the Scouts (last season one of the bass drummers in the UW band was in Scouts), but that's it. Last year, or maybe 2 years ago, the UW band played excerpts from Slaughter, and Mike asked if anyone had ever heard the music before. Only a couple kids raised their hands, mine included of course, as I've been hauling them to drum corps shows since they were born.

REALLY? I always thought it would be around 5 to ten percent of UW's band- crazy!!