5. Vanguard

6. Boston

7. Madison

8. Bluecoats

9. Cavaliers

10. Spirit

11. Blue Knights

12. Blue Stars

It would be great if Boston could catch MS and BC by then and stay ahead of Cavies.

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. Phantom

4. Crown

5. SCV

6. Bluecoats

7. Madison

8. Cavaliers

9. Boston

10. Spirit

11. Crossmen

12. BK

• Like 2

Crown has a very demanding show but do not underestimate Cadets' level of demand (just ask the kids marching it).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

You may be right. The fact that they seem so much cleaner this early in the season may be giving me the false impression that it is easier than past programs. They could be so good that it just seems less difficult.

You may be right. The fact that they seem so much cleaner this early in the season may be giving me the false impression that it is easier than past programs. They could be so good that it just seems less difficult.

Cadets do look cleaner this year visually. I think they are marching particularly well which looks great with white uniforms. Also think there is great clarity in

the drill, no sloppy transitions. Jeff is wonderful with having one thought blend into another. Ultimately, it is left up to a panel of judges to reward or not.

July Predictions:

This is your top 3 in no order:

Cadets

Crown

Devils

This is 4-6 in no order:

Phantom

Bluecoats

Vanguard

This is 7-9 in no order:

Madison

Cavaliers

Boston

This is 10-12 in no order:

Spirit

Crossmen

Blue Knights

You can change the judging system But, If you don't change the mentality of the judges, What good is it?

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

July Predictions:

You can change the judging system But, If you don't change the mentality of the judges, What good is it?

Thank you!!!!!!! I think this is the biggest issue, and why we're not seeing anything change, even with the new judging sheets. We still have the same judges. I don't know the process for becoming a DCI judge, but it seems like the same people have been doing it for the last 5-10 years, with no real change. If we want changing in the judging, wouldn't it make more sense to get new judges out there as well in order to supplement the new sheets?

• Like 2

July Predictions:

Cadets

Crown

Devils

This is 4-6 in no order:

Phantom

Bluecoats

Vanguard

This is 7-9 in no order:

Madison

Cavaliers

Boston

Spirit

Crossmen

Blue Knights

Looks like the "slotting" topic has officially been started.

• Like 2

Looks like the "slotting" topic has officially been started.

Yea, I know. It Sucks!

July Predictions:

Cadets

Crown

Devils

This is 4-6 in no order:

Phantom

Bluecoats

Vanguard

This is 7-9 in no order:

Madison

Cavaliers

Boston

Spirit

Crossmen

Blue Knights

Using two examples from your predictions:

Cavaliers are in serious danger of falling out of the top 7. Last time they were in 8th or below was 1984. That was 28 years ago. Ask the Cavies if they think they're being "slotted" this year.

Crossmen are making noise about making finals again - after having been out of finals since 2004. They are making that jump from 17th place last year (and the year before). The last time a jump like that happened was 1994 to 1995 when Carolina Crown went from 17 to 11 in one season. That was 17 years ago.

Yea - you're right. The new system is having no effect. Nothing ever changes.

• Like 1