July Prediction Thread

No, it's not opinion. Statistical figures are FACT. YOU are the one posting an opinion. I'm presenting factual information based on statistical figures and trends. Nice try. You lose.

Past Performance Is Not an Indication of Future Results

Comical how any kind of VAILD STATS have anything to do with something as subjective in nature as DCI and music in general. If it pleases the court, I think this prediction will make everyone happy.. :rolleyes:

1. Scouts

2. Madison

3. Madison Scouts

4. Scouts

5. Madison

6. Scouts

7/8 TIE!! Guess who, Madison and the Scouts!

9. Scouts

10. Madison

11. Madison

12. Pioneer (they need to make it this year!)

Now, isn't THIS more like what these fun prediction threads should be about? :tongue:

• Like 1

Comical how any kind of VAILD STATS have anything to do with something as subjective in nature as DCI and music in general. If it pleases the court, I think this prediction will make everyone happy.. :rolleyes:

1. Scouts

2. Madison

3. Madison Scouts

4. Scouts

5. Madison

6. Scouts

7/8 TIE!! Guess who, Madison and the Scouts!

9. Scouts

10. Madison

11. Madison

12. Pioneer (they need to make it this year!)

Now, isn't THIS more like what these fun prediction threads should be about? :tongue:

Statistics show Scouts will beat out Pioneer for the 12th spot.

Blue DevilsCadetsPhantomCrownSCVBluecoatsMadison ScoutsBostonSOACavaliers Blue StarsCrossmen

Blue Knights

Crossmen and BK could switch

Well, guess everyone has found the hot button topic for this year: Predicting Madison to not come in the Top 5. It seems to just set some people off. Yes, they're a good corps, but show me anyone in the Top 17 who isn't good this year? I think this is a very strong year, and placement sometimes has nothing to do with audience appeal and strength of the corps, it sometimes just has to do with the strength of every other corps. Look at how well received Madison was the last two years, they were always loved by crowds, but came in 10th. What does that show? It pretty much proves that true audience appeal should have nothing to do with rankings. Everyone can have their favorites, and predict the season how they want it to come out, but the folks in green shirts make the decisions, and we should just learn to accept and respect that fact.

Have your favorite shows, and the shows you don't care for, but don't EVER think that you have ANY right to come on a place like this and tear down someone else's OPINION because it doesn't line up with yours.

• Like 4

Guess I should at least play the game since I've been commenting on here

1.) Crown- just a feeling, take the Ott

2.) BD- lose the GE and brass fight

3.) SCV- really clean and surge, take percussion

4.) Cadets- just lose some steam

5.) Phantom- not quite enough content to take down the top 4, sorry. Beautiful show though

6.) Bluecoats- good show, but strong competition

7.) Boston- great show this year from them

8.) Madison- trades with Boston back-half of the season

9.) Cavaliers- almost hurts to write this, but I see them landing here

10.) Spirit- really building up to be great again

11.) Crossmen- they light a fire after the first regional

12.) Academy- same as Crossmen, start slow, and just light up

13.) Blue Stars- miss Finals by just a little bit

14.) Blue Knights- just not a good show for them this year

15.) Glassmen- trying to find their stride again

16.) Troopers- why not?

17.) PC- much better show from them then the last few years

18.) Jersey Surf- huge crowd response, but not clean enough

can't really predict past that, I haven't seen anyone past these corps

1.) BD

2.) Crown

3.) Garfield

4.) PR

5.) Blue Coats

6.) MADISON

7.) SCV

8.) Boston

9.) Spirit

10.) Cavies

11.) Crossmen

12.) Blue Stars

13.) Blue Knights

Well, guess everyone has found the hot button topic for this year: Predicting Madison to not come in the Top 5. It seems to just set some people off. Yes, they're a good corps, but show me anyone in the Top 17 who isn't good this year? I think this is a very strong year, and placement sometimes has nothing to do with audience appeal and strength of the corps, it sometimes just has to do with the strength of every other corps. Look at how well received Madison was the last two years, they were always loved by crowds, but came in 10th. What does that show? It pretty much proves that true audience appeal should have nothing to do with rankings. Everyone can have their favorites, and predict the season how they want it to come out, but the folks in green shirts make the decisions, and we should just learn to accept and respect that fact.

Have your favorite shows, and the shows you don't care for, but don't EVER think that you have ANY right to come on a place like this and tear down someone else's OPINION because it doesn't line up with yours.

The strawman arguments are getting old. But keep taking it out of context if you will. The fact is, myself and others have only hit on one or two specific comments that were not supported by anything that has happened this year, not placements. The comment about their visual being their weakness "again" and the comment about them starting strong until they "realize they can't clean their show." What we already know does not support that. That's all.

No need to be disingenuous to make a point. Or, at least, keep it in the merits of the discussion rather than throw out ridiculous accusations that no one has claimed. I understand that that's difficult, apparently, but it would make for better discussion.