My Fourth of July Top 13 Corps Predictions

I find it very amusing that people automatically place BD at 1 or 2, irregardless of their opinion of the show, or if they have even seen or heard it. I understand

history, stats etc but corps dont stay at the top forever. Do I think they will fall to 6th place, absolutely not, but to put them so far up seems to say that no

other corps can clean,tweak and refine shows and pop up. Corps do reign for awhile but not forever. Who would have thought Cavies would be out of the top 3 eight years

ago. Even the most successful staffs miss on design once in awhile. That list goes on forever.

Because. Since 1975, the Blue Devils have been in the top 5, and only placing 5th once. Ever.

1341541112[/url]' post='3164359']

True but no staff hits a home run every year and there are too many solid WC corps now that want to medal to assume BD will always be in the top 2.

While I certainly don't think BD will "always" be in the top two, I do think that their show this year is a very reasonable prediction for being a first or second place medal winner

Edited by Photographer Jim

Although I agree with you... you lost me at "irregardless". Ugh. shutup.giftongue.gif

lol, long day. I yell all the time about your, you're, there, their..Im not usually this stupid :-(

1341543059[/url]' post='3164371']

lol, long day. I yell all the time about your, you're, there, their..Im not usually this stupid :-(

My pet peeve is "alot". No such word. It is either a lot or allot, but NEVER alot. It's sorta the reverse of Boo's obsession with "Blue Coats". Seriously, it bugs me alot!

My pet peeve is "alot". No such word. It is either a lot or allot, but NEVER alot. It's sorta the reverse of Boo's obsession with "Blue Coats". Seriously, it bugs me alot!

Oh you mean SORTA like this... :tongue:

055f3fe983bada13f1c72db5a9750efc671d79b0a43622284a931cb1032650124g.jpg

1341545972[/url]' post='3164387']

Oh you mean SORTA like this... :tongue:

055f3fe983bada13f1c72db5a9750efc671d79b0a43622284a931cb1032650124g.jpg

Yup. Kinda.

I find it very amusing that people automatically place BD at 1 or 2, irregardless of their opinion of the show, or if they have even seen or heard it. I understand

history, stats etc but corps dont stay at the top forever. Do I think they will fall to 6th place, absolutely not, but to put them so far up seems to say that no

other corps can clean,tweak and refine shows and pop up. Corps do reign for awhile but not forever. Who would have thought Cavies would be out of the top 3 eight years

ago. Even the most successful staffs miss on design once in awhile. That list goes on forever.

When you consider that all the top corps have not met in the same show yet, these predictions are suspicious anyway. (watching on fan network does not count). With that said as of July 4 there have been enough shows and scores to see that Crown, BD and Cadets are at the very least contenders for the title. History also shows the BD is not a corps that fades as the season continues. I'm not going to make any predictions in this tread as I have not seen all the corps live, but it is very reasonable to place BD in the hunt for the championship amongst others. If this were May I would agree with you.

There used to be a joke about the space there. They were the "Blue space Coats". The only outer space drum corps ever.

Hey, I think BD has had "misses on designs" for most of the last 7 years, but since the judges usually disagree with me on that, and since this show seems to be in the mold of the wildly successful shows of the last 4 years (IMO)...have to assume they'll obviously medal and at least a 60% chance of winning.

Yes, and when BD has a clunker...er, Yowsa...they stay in the top 5 because they are the most technically proficient corps out there....The show this year actually has a little something for everyone..not my favorite but certainly good enough to contend. It was almost prophecy to predict the fall of the Cavaliers (albeit a bit too dramatic a phrase) Due to their off season movment.....Based on BD's off season movement, they are sticking to where they pretty much deserve , top three.

Geoffrey