You're all wrong,

It's Turan-Breathe-DAH!

I see what you did there.

So both are correct but the pronunciation you use depends on which historical source you believe to be correct... Puccini's granddaughter (Turn-DOT) or Puccini himself (Turan-DOH).

Yes, although we don't have a definitive statement from Puccini himself on the subject. In the opera's premiere and for some time after, it was pronounced "Turan-DOH", but Puccini had been dead for about a year before the (unfinished) opera was staged. PR knew there were two options, and made their choice.

I always thought it was pronounced Turan-DOH not Turan-DOT.

However, the show announcers on the live streams are announcing Turan-DOT.

If I am correct then would somebody at PR have a quiet word with the show announcers about the correct pronunciation.

According to Alex Trebek and Jeopardy it is pronounced Turan-DOT. Was the answer on a Final Jeopardy this past week. But he is Canadian ya know.

The Metropolitan Opera calls it Turnadot without a silent t. Since it's an Italian opera, that would make sense. If it were French, the t would be silent.