Marvelous Minneapolis

Ok. Just reminiscing about how easily you could do this on DCP at the inception of Fan Network.

Anyway, I don't think that works anymore. I'm almost certain you need to be logged in to dci.thefannetwork.org to access the stream. Regardless if you have a "direct link".

Edit: Also, it hasn't been posted yet to the Fan Network.

Edited by jblamb1401

Just you maybe. I am assuming the normal fan wouldn't stay all day.

Try to bring your spouse or family. Even at the cheapest ticket a group of only 3 is $90 without concessions to sit on the 20. Even MLB games in some cities have cheaper prices.

I don't disagree that the tickets are expensive. Hell, I just took my 3 kids to a 6 corps show in CT on July 1st.. Tix: $80. So I feel your pain.

That said, this is a Major Regional. Maybe you can get to a Sunday Matinee MLB game for less than $90, but you are not getting to the ALCS, All-Star Game or the World Series for that. All relative.

On the other side of the coin, DCA held a show in Bridgeport CT last month. Tickets: $5. All tix. Every seat. Yeah, it was packed.

I don't disagree that the tickets are expensive. Hell, I just took my 3 kids to a 6 corps show in CT on July 1st.. Tix: $80. So I feel your pain.

That said, this is a Major Regional. Maybe you can get to a Sunday Matinee MLB game for less than $90, but you are not getting to the ALCS, All-Star Game or the World Series for that. All relative.

On the other side of the coin, DCA held a show in Bridgeport CT last month. Tickets: $5. All tix. Every seat. Yeah, it was packed.

If you went to a imax movie is $12. each

$48 plus say 8 each ( and thats low for popcorn and a drink ) probably 12 bucks.

$80 ............

the only reason those tickets were 5 bucks was because the city ran the show, part of their festival....many costs waived for a dying event in the community......but yeah ..I dont know how a family could go see a show now a days

• Like 1

$48 plus say 8 each ( and thats low for popcorn and a drink ) probably 12 bucks.

$80 ............

And that's on the low end. IMAX tickets at my local theatre run around 15, and a small popcorn and soda can be at least 10. So no those 4 people are paying 100 at least for maybe 2 hours of movie. DCI seems like a pretty good deal. :tongue:

• Like 2

$80 ............

Heck, REGULAR movies (non IMAX, non 3D) are $12 up here... IMAX/3D run around $16

• Like 1

Anyone have the direct link to the webcast?

John, I don't think that they have started the webcast yet... I too am a subscriber and I don't see it. IIRC, they pop the link up right before the show starts...

• Like 1

John, I don't think that they have started the webcast yet... I too am a subscriber and I don't see it. IIRC, they pop the link up right before the show starts...

Yea, I forgot Minneapolis is in central time. I will now punish my ignorance by drinking a Midwestern beer.

• Like 2

As long as it's not a Coors...

(I know you would not do such a thing...)

• Like 2