Marvelous Minneapolis

Someone will need to explain to me what the hell I watched during the BD show. I didn't think they could get any more insane after last year's show. Their music and drill is not nearly as challenging as some other corps'. Also, they deserve a penalty for not mounting the horses.

• Like 6

That would be Jersey Surf, but they were not there tonight! :)

I thought Jersey Surf was the modern day Bridgemen :-P

I officially give up on trying to get into Phantom's show this year, I just.. can't get into it.

ah oh well.

So, Scores..comeon and come out.

I know what it can be like trying so hard to get into a show, and just not getting it. Don't give up yet! Do you know the story? It really helps to understand the tension better. I LOVE this show because it mimics the opera so well and depicts the princess perfectly...icy! The entire corps is so well integrated and compliments each other throughout it all. I'll give you a synopsis if you need it, okay? Just don't give up!

We all have just witnessed a first for the RECORD BOOKS...Boston beating Cavaliers for the FIRST TIME - FIRST TIME - FIRST TIME - in DCI History...Thank you BAC!!!!

Another one bites the dust, hopefully we can stay where we are and go for 5th. Never thought I would see this day, when I was on the visual staff in the 80's with Boston, I could take the whole horn line out to lunch and not break a twenty. Who new! Edited by nysader
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see how Colts' and Glassmen's scores figure out once the Teal members are fully integrated into their shows. Cadets also added a couple new members due to injuries.

I do wonder why their appears to be more injuries this year than in the past. Perhaps there has always been a lot of injuries and social media making it more evident.

I know what it can be like trying so hard to get into a show, and just not getting it. Don't give up yet! Do you know the story? It really helps to understand the tension better. I LOVE this show because it mimics the opera so well and depicts the princess perfectly...icy! The entire corps is so well integrated and compliments each other throughout it all. I'll give you a synopsis if you need it, okay? Just don't give up!

I will see the show live next weekend, and maybe my tune will change once I see it live. It's been an adjustment with the new horn arranger I think. The Emotion of Phantom is still there, its just...something about it that keeps turning me off of it, but I am still open for it changing my mind when I see it live.

I haven't given up, I want to LOVE that show as I have loved every Phantom Show (The Red Violin show not withstanding).

I made that post after watching Crown and Vanguard (Both shows I love), so that was the reason.

I do think that my opinion will change once I see it again.

God forbid Madison beats a G8 corps the night before the first G8 show of the year! This judging system is a joke!

It's not the system, it's the judges. Go on later, score higher. It's slotting. That is why the corps should go on in the order of their current placement this year, not in the order they finished in last year's finals.

• Like 4

It will be interesting to see how Colts' and Glassmen's scores figure out once the Teal members are fully integrated into their shows. Cadets also added a couple new members due to injuries.

I do wonder why their appears to be more injuries this year than in the past. Perhaps there has always been a lot of injuries and social media making it more evident.

Am I right in thinking they are marching a hole in the hornline?