Teal Sound Ends Tour

I apologize if this has already been addressed (there are a lot of pages to read through), but are the kids in the corps being offered spots in other corps at this time? It seems to me that at this point something would have to be SERIOUSLY wrong with the entire Drum Corps system if every single remaining hole in DCI doesn't get filled. These kids have been training and rehearsing as long as everybody, and even if their skills aren't 100% up to par, they would make much better mid-season members of ANY corps than a true rookie (or even any Vet who hasn't been training this summer).

10 Confirmed at Glassmen, 11 to Colts, 1 to Cavies, 1 to Crown AFAIK. The corps are doing their best to pick up kids, it's a great thing to see :thumbup: still loving the picture of the new Teal kids in front of G-West.

Glad to hear it. I marched with some people at BK in 05 who had been members of Revolution when it almost folded back in the early 2000s (I forget the exact year that it happened without looking it up). Their caption heads had found them spots in other corps, and I assumed the exact same thing would happen here. It is an unfortunate situation all around, but I'm glad to hear that attempts are at least being made to place some of them (not sure there are enough spots in DCI for all of them) in other corps.

Just wanted to make sure I was reading this right, The are claiming that the corps or someone in the corps stole the money from what I read. Are you seriously saying you believe this to be true? I really do not believe this more that the parents screaming wheres all the money have no idea how much it costs to take a corps on tour. Yes it is upsetting to all that this happened but some of the parents posting need to behave like adults not toddlers throwing a temper tantrum. Wait till the facts come out not just make accusations. If it turns out that there was miss management of funds then blast, but know what you are talking about first!

Poor choice of words. Whoever it was who claimed theft, and all that rabble rousing was off his rocker. Rather I was pointing out that the parents were right to be upset at the apparent mismanagement, and lack of communication in the process of bringing kids home. So that's my bad. For the record, I marched there for 4 years, so this organization is very near, and dear to me. It wasn't my intent to add to the slander.

I'm beginning to wonder if any of you have ever dealt with a band parent... or a soccer mom even. Craziest people out there. I'm not surprised by any of this at all. These are major league band parents you're talking about. Especially with it being a younger corps. I hope none of these parents are parents of age outs. CUT THE CORD! devil.gif

• Like 2

(I'm one to talk. Halfway through tour when I'm 20. "Mommy, I'm out of money can I have a couple hundred to get me through the rest of tour??? Pweeeeaaasse??!!!")

• Like 1

I apologize if this has already been addressed (there are a lot of pages to read through), but are the kids in the corps being offered spots in other corps at this time? It seems to me that at this point something would have to be SERIOUSLY wrong with the entire Drum Corps system if every single remaining hole in DCI doesn't get filled. These kids have been training and rehearsing as long as everybody, and even if their skills aren't 100% up to par, they would make much better mid-season members of ANY corps than a true rookie (or even any Vet who hasn't been training this summer).

Glassmen, Colts and word is BDB offered to take in kids. unofficial confirmed word is one corps took a kid in, then cut him when a vet decided to come back...and if true, it would a shocker who it was.

but again, thats unconfirmed

I'm beginning to wonder if any of you have ever dealt with a band parent... or a soccer mom even. Craziest people out there. I'm not surprised by any of this at all. These are major league band parents you're talking about. Especially with it being a younger corps. I hope none of these parents are parents of age outs. CUT THE CORD! devil.gif

i'm sure some of the parents have a financial interest in how things were / are handled...

I would be interested to know what percentage of drum corps kids are getting financial assistance from the parents. I bet the number is pretty high (and extremely high if you consider help the kids are getting for things the rest of the year, like school, food, housing, etc).

• Like 1

i'm sure some of the parents have a financial interest in how things were / are handled...

I would be interested to know what percentage of drum corps kids are getting financial assistance from the parents. I bet the number is pretty high (and extremely high if you consider help the kids are getting for things the rest of the year, like school, food, housing, etc).

The number probably is really high. Even for age outs. It's getting harder and harder to work while you are in school. Especially if you are a music education major. There just aren't enough hour in a day. And the time you would make your money is during the summer. But when you are marching.. that ain't gonna happen. Hey I worked the day before I moved in my first year and then went back to work 2 days after getting home from Indy, even though that was only for 4 days because then I had band camp.... BLAH

And from very recent experience, I can tell you that dues, camp fees, gas fund jars, fund raisers, travel needs, souvie swag, dvds, family travel and food to and from shows, TIX for those shows, parades, family days, pictures, corps jacket and all, for a smaller World Class Drum Corps, was EASILY 5 large.

Alot to spend to hear your kid is comin home early!

• Like 1

Glassmen, Colts and word is BDB offered to take in kids. unofficial confirmed word is one corps took a kid in, then cut him when a vet decided to come back...and if true, it would a shocker who it was.

but again, thats unconfirmed

oops saw the other thread. confirmed. man if that gets out the honks will freak