Teal Sound Ends Tour

And there it is.

I need to Thank you, Mike. I knew you'd come thru for me.

See, I made a side bet with another DCP'er that you'd find a way somehow to turn Teal ending their tour into a WW in DCI reference.

PAY UP! You know who you are. Bwahahahahaha :devil:

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Don't forget my cut of the profits! :smile:

Hasn't anyone mentioned that this is a new corps director and staff this year for Teal. Something happened last year that isn't well publicized. They had a major turnover at the top of the organization. I messaged the new director a few times back in January when this was all being announced and never got any response. I had a feel then that this ship would either sink or swim.

They would either have the experience to keep things going .. or they would be in over their heads.

I'm not reducing this entire unsettling situation to an "I Told you so because they can't even respond to an email". I'm just saying .. running an operation like this is no cake walk. It takes years of experience, great leadership capabilities, a team that works well together .. and a healthy amount of support from outside sources for fundraising.

I'm not sure we know the entire story behind the ceasing of tour .... all we know is that Teal is done for now. I hope not forever. One thing I know for certain .. this has been a tough learning experience for the management, staff and members of their organization. I hope they take the information they've gained and do something positive with it.

• Like 1

That is a specious comment. I was referring to returning all the members of the corps back to their home base, not ensuring that each individual member didn't get a hangnail.

No it was a "I misunderstood your intent" comment. I was reading it as a safety issue not as a getting home issue....

totally agree..i meant to hit a general response..sorry

No problem think we get a better discussion when we misunderstand each other.. :tongue:

Not all that has come of this is bad:

Ok just got the approval from our President of the University. He added an extra $2000 to our scholarship program for Teal Members only. If anyone is interested, let me know asap. We have "stackable" scholarships. As a result, the 2K is on top of our band, as well as other qualified scholarships. Keep your head up!

Mike Yopp

Director of Bands

Webber International University

Babson Park Florida

Edited by Toby
  • Like 1

Okay, here's an interesting post elsewhere from someone who claims to have been a Teal Sound bass drum tech for one day.

you know whats funny, they asked me to get on the bus at the chambersburg show to finish out the season as bass tech. promised me at least a ride home and maybe some money. so i teach my one day there and then they break it to me oh we have nothing to give you, and decide now is the time to tell me i either ride this bus to florida or be stranded wherever. How are you so unaware of your own financial situation that you bring on a tech the day before you fold? I'm not bashing but like its the truth.

Also, check out his sig line.

Edited by skywhopper

Okay, here's an interesting post elsewhere from someone who claims to have been a Teal Sound bass drum tech for one day.

Also, check out his sig line.

Norristown Drumline

04-09: Bottom Bass/cymbals

United Percussion

2010-2012: Bass 5, 3, 2

Reading Buccaneers

2010: Bass 3

Carolina Crown

2011: Bass 4

Teal Sound

BassTech 7/9/2012

BWWWHHHAAAAAAA!!!!

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1

True, if there were strong leaders today, by now there would be Woodwinds permitted in DCI. :lookaround:

Just kinds of proves the old adage to "be careful what you wish for!" :tongue:

By the same token, if General Mills was still making Baron Von Redberry cereal, I'd be an astronaut by now.

• Like 1