Teal Sound Ends Tour

New Facebook page created by TS parents, some new info coming out, it could be taken with a grain of salt, but who knows. - http://www.facebook.com/ParentsOfTealSound2012

Sorry crest, until the facts arise the rumors will continue, and it doesn't seem like Teal cares about making sure their side of the story gets out - I will speculate that it's because the real story does not reflect well on them.

I feel deeply for the kids and parents, but not their management. If you read some of the parents comments, it looks like the admins cowardly bolted. I guess they don't care about the future of the corps which is a shame.

I would just like to clarify it's not Teal that does not care about getting "their" side of the story out, and it's not their management... It's their corps director, Cary Byrd. She made the decision to call it quits after meeting with Dan and some other DCI people after the Centerville, Ohio show on the 9th. There were other plans attempting to be implemented by DCI to try and prevent this from happening and Cary made the call to go home. In fact after coming out from the room where the meeting was held, she said to the kids, "We're going home" and left, all while the DCI folks dealt with getting the members ready to clean the school and head home. The day of the Centerville show I was at warm-up and a bunch of the members and staff were heckling me to come fill their contra hole; they had no idea any of this was happening. I also have a very close friend on their admin staff and he was blindsided by all of this as well.

Edited by TonyDanza007
  • Like 3

... those visionaries took control of the circuits away from external organizations and into their own hands. I don't know what a next step would be from that? They already control their own destiny, for good or ill...

Mike

(sorry, just catching up so ignore if it's been discussed)

I've often considered an LBO a viable option to solve this problem.

Yeah....that's gonna end well...

It's already headed south, I read through some posts and they're talking about taking legal action and exposing the whole thing to the local media. Are they trying to ruin Teal now? They have a right to be upset, but if Teal wants to ever make a comeback, this is sure going to give them another black eye as far as their reputation goes, and I'm sure this is the opposite of what the kids want.... :thumbdown:

Edited by DrumManTx

It's already headed south, I read through some posts and they're talking about taking legal action and exposing the whole thing to the local media. Are they trying to ruin Teal now? They have a right to be upset, but if Teal is going to want to make a comeback, this is sure going to give them another black eye as far as their reputation goes, and I'm sure this is the opposite of what the kids want.... :thumbdown:

you really think they are coming back? This is not something that just started...several pages back a staff or board person said they warned DCI and DAn about this potential after last season.

you really think they are coming back? This is not something that just started...several pages back a staff or board person said they warned DCI and DAn about this potential after last season.

I didn't say that, I guess I should have said if they EVER wanted to come back, they didn't say they were folding permanently.

I didn't say that, I guess I should have said if they EVER wanted to come back, they didn't say they were folding permanently.

ahhhh..ok....although of many of the corps that have folded I dont think any ever said they were going for good...maybe Star did..cant remember

ahhhh..ok....although of many of the corps that have folded I dont think any ever said they were going for good...maybe Star did..cant remember

You never know. There's always a time for firsts, as hard as it may be, I hope something good happens. Maybe that's just me being too hopeful. :tongue:

Yeah, I too saw the parents talking about taking legal action and wanting to get the press involved.

First off, getting the press involved will pretty much shut down Teal Sound AND black ball drum corps from Jacksonville and it's surrounding areas.