Teal Sound Ends Tour

I'm beginning to wonder if any of you have ever dealt with a band parent... or a soccer mom even. Craziest people out there. I'm not surprised by any of this at all. These are major league band parents you're talking about. Especially with it being a younger corps. I hope none of these parents are parents of age outs. CUT THE CORD! devil.gif

this is the very accurate. right on! I should state that it took a LOT of convincing my parents to "allow" me to march with a drum corps when I was 16 and ponying up the money to do so - we're talking 80s drum corps here and I even paid for half from jobs I worked in high school. you would not believe the pain and suffering I went through just to convince my father to allow me to tour in the summer of 87. my parents did end up supporting me all the way thru my age out in 92, but knowing them and had something like this happened to me, I know they would have both thrown a hissy fit and never allowed me to march again. my mother was especially crazy and had the web existed then, she would be the first to go public, mostly just to embarrass ME to a point I wouldn't WANT to march because of the embarrassment. my parents were actually like that - just hoping something would go completely wrong just so they could yank me outta there - thankfully I made it till I was 18 and it was smooth sailing from there. and thankfully the costs weren't quite as high as they are now. which reminds me, I remember when gas was $1/gal back then. Ahh what a difference 25 years makes. ;)

so I just wanted to say that I agree and I can attest that band parents of the younger variety do tend to be on the crazier side. my parents were perfect examples of that and though they supported me, you can believe they would have rather see me work or take summer classes when I was that age. And I'm a parent now, optimistic of a future where my musician son may be able to march someday (earliest 2019) but my wife was never involved with band or drum corps and those conversations have been VERY interesting, to say the least. :) We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

didn't mean to go off topic if it seems that way. but I think in lieu of the aftermath of this unfortunate situation and the parental thrashing that took place recently (and continuing to take place) I definitely know that some of them are just like my parents were and yes, agree - craziest people out there.

• Like 1

32 People died when that ship ran aground.

I don't believe anyone from Teal Sound has suffered the same fate from their recent troubles.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The reference was to the comment that the corps would either sink or swim, which is kind of a given. But there are worse things than sinking with honor, and that is what I was getting at. In no way was it in reference to people dying.

• Like 2

Glassmen, Colts and word is BDB offered to take in kids. unofficial confirmed word is one corps took a kid in, then cut him when a vet decided to come back...and if true, it would a shocker who it was.

but again, thats unconfirmed

I don't think it's a secret who.

I think in their defence they have to go with what they know. Bad luck (again) for the Teal kid but not a reflection on him or his talent.

If the corps who shall not be named thought he was good enough then I'm sure other corps will have him in an instant.

The Sun Devils Drum and Bugle Corps would like to extend our open arms to the entire Teal Sound Family. As a fellow Florida corps that has fallen upon hard times, let's put our heads together, work together, and bring both corps back for 2013.

As always, the depth and breadth of the Sun Devils is available to Teal Sound.

Edit...

I almost forgot

NEM / LND!!!

Edited by John M. Johnson
  • Like 1

Got my answer. Nevermind...

Edited by RetiredJedi

I'm a Frosted Flakes guy personally.

I had you tagged as fruit loops

:tongue:

• Like 1

I'm beginning to wonder if any of you have ever dealt with a band parent... or a soccer mom even. Craziest people out there. I'm not surprised by any of this at all. These are major league band parents you're talking about. Especially with it being a younger corps. I hope none of these parents are parents of age outs. CUT THE CORD! devil.gif

yes have dealt with many on a few different levels and most of us are crazy on some level. I always said that is where our kids get their passion and they have just directed it towards music.

• Like 1

Got my answer. Nevermind...

I think my answer would be "who knows". I suspect we'll never find out the actual order of events.

I think my answer would be "who knows". I suspect we'll never find out the actual order of events.

There are a few who know.

I got an answer so I yanked my original post down to keep Corps X from getting smeared. Wrongfully.

There's a post in a different thread that touches on what I originally posted. :wink: