Other Corps please fill spots with Teal Sound members!

Anyone know of a low brass spot. I just got a call from my tuba kid that went to another corps (I'll leave the corps nameless). Now a vet of that corps has shown up and my kid (an age-out) has been bumped...

Thanks,

Mike Steiner

Teal Brass Staff '07-'11

Pacific Crest had a lot of holes last time I saw, as mentioned above, I'd contact them.

Anyone know of a low brass spot. I just got a call from my tuba kid that went to another corps (I'll leave the corps nameless). Now a vet of that corps has shown up and my kid (an age-out) has been bumped...

Thanks,

Mike Steiner

Teal Brass Staff '07-'11

Really? That's so awful. Hopefully he can land somewhere. I recall Pioneer saying they would take some low brass kids

• Like 1

Not specifically low brass, but we do have availability:

After several meetings over the past day, I have the following info regarding Pioneer:

Pioneer currently has immediate openings in the color guard and the front ensemble. We also have the ability to add up to 6 additional brass players. We would love to take more, but unfortunately that's what the drill is written for and it would be a fairly tough at this point to rewrite the entire show to accommodate additional brass players.

Anyone that might be interested in any of these openings, please contact Lansing Dimon as soon as possible:

Email: LansingRDimon@aol.com

Text: 607-342-8787

You may also contact Murray Davis at the Corps Office:

Email: dbcpmilw@execpc.com

Phone: 414-327-2847

Edited by PioneerWebmaster

Thanks,

Mike Steiner

Teal Brass Staff '07-'11

Mark Richardson, the director of Academy, was on the Teal Facebook page yesterday. He has 2 open mellophone spots. I'm a drummer, so I don't know how transferable Tuba skills are to a mellophone. Maybe worth a try:

"Friends at Teal Sound, I'm so sorry for this difficult decision and having to cut your amazing season short. For the high brass students within the organization, we have a couple of opportunities at The Academy that might allow two students to complete their summer within the activity. Contact Executive Director Mark Richardson at mark@arizonaacademy.org. We are currently in Iowa making our way towards Minneapolis with two mellophone positions we are anxiously waiting to have filled to make our 80 member brass line. Regardless, all the best to you and the Teal Sound family.

Mark Richardson"

Mark Richardson, the director of Academy, was on the Teal Facebook page yesterday. He has 2 open mellophone spots. I'm a drummer, so I don't know how transferable Tuba skills are to a mellophone. Maybe worth a try:

"Friends at Teal Sound, I'm so sorry for this difficult decision and having to cut your amazing season short. For the high brass students within the organization, we have a couple of opportunities at The Academy that might allow two students to complete their summer within the activity. Contact Executive Director Mark Richardson at mark@arizonaacademy.org. We are currently in Iowa making our way towards Minneapolis with two mellophone positions we are anxiously waiting to have filled to make our 80 member brass line. Regardless, all the best to you and the Teal Sound family.

Mark Richardson"

Two Teal kids are already on their way out to fill those spots. :thumbup:

Two Teal kids are already on their way out to fill those spots. :thumbup:

Wow, that's excellent! The Teal kids are all over the place. I wonder how many corps now have Teal kids. They will have quite a happy reunion in Indy. What a wonderful fraternity this is!

Thanks,

Mike Steiner

Teal Brass Staff '07-'11

good cal. the honks would go ape ####

Cascades have 2 trumpet spots, a baritone spots and guard spots that need to be filled. For more info contact Doug Hebenthal: executivedirector@seattlecascades.org

Cascades are also in Iowa right now