Other Corps please fill spots with Teal Sound members!

Dear Teal Sound Mom,

As corps parents, our hearts bleed for your kids. From age-outs to rookies, we hope all of the kids bounce back from this and have another chance to fulfill their corps dreams.

(Also, not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I noticed a posting on TS's facebook from Academy looking to fill a couple spots)

...and may add my sentiments as well...

Dear Teal Sound Mom - we are also corps parents (met marching together actually!) and along with our son (on tour) have had several conversations about what you all are going through. Please know that there is a vast community of members, alum, parents, etc. whose thoughts and prayers are with all of you. It is so wonderful to hear that these kids are being welcomed into other organizations. We drum corps folks have to stick together!! Best wishes to you, your son, and the rest of the Teal Sound family.

No kidding. It like hitting the drum corps lottery.

Totally! Well...besides the whole, you know, original corps folding mid-tour lookaround.gif. But this would definitely be a ray of sunshine on a very dark day for that member.

Just saw this post on the Colts fb page.

"Just got an update from (name deleted) (Colts Tour Director/Ambulance Driver): Eleven members of Teal Sound have joined up w/ Colts. I know the kids in Colts will treat them like members of the family."

I am so happy to see all the Corps stepping up for Teal Sound members!!!

Edited by DCI_DAD
  • Like 8

The kids going to the Colts will have an amazing summer. They are a really awesome organization.

Thanks! The Colts are in Davenport Iowa right now, with their "Home" show tomorrow night at Brady Street Stadium after a great show last night in Waukee. The tour director was in the Dubuque office this moring getting medical forms and other things for our newest members. I am not sure on the total number we have added the past couple days, but we do have several new members in Davenport right now.

If anyone else is looking to join The Colts, please check out our website and fill out the application: http://www.colts.org/memberapp.cfm

This will get you on the radar of the caption heads, and get us the contact info for you. Then contact me (Barb) at the office and I will get you the best cell phone number of who to talk to on staff in your section. Our office phone is 563-582-4872 (It is ringing off the hook with ticket sales right now, so leave a voice message if you don't get me right away). No one will be in the office on Thursday as we will be in Davenport for the show, but we will have cell phone contact information on the voicemail system.

Thanks for all your support!

-Barb

• Like 4