Crown v. BD ; Cadets v. Phantom ; SCV v. BC

I love the insinuations that BD is all of the sudden going to stop getting better.

Like Crown and Phantom are somehow the only ones capable of improving.

BD is on top right now. They're going to get a ton better over the coming weeks and it is going to take quite an effort to pass them.

Remember friends, the only scores that matter now are regional scores. You cannon put stock into scores from different shows on the same night.

Crown scored an 86 last night. Based on what we know now from the regional, if BD were at the same show, they might have scored an 88.

Is that hypothetical? Yes. Do I hate hypothetical situations? Yes. But it's where things are right now.

Very much looking forward to San Antonio!

• Like 3

I feel that the one factor that could help determine the Cadets final placement this year is percussion. This is the strongest percussion section they have had in recent history. These guys can play as well as anyone and they have the chops. They are clearly a top tier drumline this year with a really strong book!

• Like 2

They have a strong percussion line but not enough over the rest of the pack to overcome their current visual deficiencies. They need to add meaningful visual enhancements and then clean. They are very good but looking at 3rd if they're on their game. Very respectable IMO.

They have a strong percussion line but not enough over the rest of the pack to overcome their current visual deficiencies. They need to add meaningful visual enhancements and then clean. They are very good but looking at 3rd if they're on their game. Very respectable IMO.

The Cadets will address their visual issues. They have a very smart experienced staff that knows how to win. All of the hard work they are putting in will have an affect sooner or later. If they catch fire and start clicking, they can do some damage. The Cadets staff are their biggest critics and they will keep pushing until the end. I am not ready to lock this corps in 3rd place; time will tell

BD seems to be far and away better than everyone else right now IMO..but.. doesn't mean i care for their show

I see cadets and PR catching up with crown down the road, but we will see. Tough to make a call between cadets and PR... I want PR ahead but I think cadets on average should be ahead.

Vanguard over bluecoats

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

My favorite show this year is Garfield. I love the Christmas music, drum line, & drill. I'm hoping that both Garfield & Crown can pass BD, the least entertaining corps in drum corps.

• Like 2

This year, show-wise:

BD < Regiment

Cadets < Regiment

SCV < Regiment

BC < Regiment

All my imo, of course.

You are my new favorite poster! Lol LOVE this

Cadets are stagnant and PR is catching them because they have been changing so much and their drill is still dirty. That won't happen come finals night... though I'm not sure this is a winning show (the ending just doesn't feel like a Cadets ending yet in whole (especially compared to last year). Crown SHOULD be beating Blue Devils and I wouldn't be surprised if Cadets and PR both pass Blue Devils come finals time (though we all know that's probably not going to happen since it's BD's turn to win again *cough cough*)

IMO Blue Devils have a VERY non-crowd appealing show and leaves most in the audience going "huh?" and then golf clapping. Is that the way DCI wants to represent the activity, increase fans, and their new scoring system? hmmm....

Edited by dcibrando
  • Like 4