DCI HOUSTON - Hot, Humid, & Happening!

There we go with the #### speakers again. That has to be why everyone sounds so down tonight.

Houston we have a problem ( re. speakers )

• Like 2

Mistakes do happen .. but fatigue? No. You get past that and jack up for the show. I'm not trying to be mean about this .. but these are hardcore corps. They know what they have to do .... they just didn't do it.

I was in one of these "hardcore corps" so i know how it goes. But all i'm saying is you're going to have bad show(s) at some point in the season rather you want to or not. Even Frameworks had its off nights.

Those of you talking about Cadets being boring, hey you can have your opinion, but I think they are fantastic this year. There show is packed with GREAT GE! Yes, they have a few cheesy moments and some "goo" at the end that they need to be careful of. Oh, and by the way, it sounded like the crowd gave them a big ovation. Also, keep in mind that the pit/synth/audio clips will cut through our web feed more so than they actually are at the stadium. Don't judge the balances with these corps to harshly by what you hear on the FN feed.

Thought the Bluecoats sounded fantastic and they marched MUCH better than when I saw them on FN at the Minneapolis show. LOVE that brass sound.

Carolina Crown sounds amazing and it looks to me like they have cleaned the first 2/3 of their show. That last 1/3 really needs work, but I also suspect that all the corps are cleaning a bit slower this year due to the heat index.

I really enjoy Boston's show. Maybe they are not moving as fast as Crown or Cadets, but then again speed isn't everything. Speed can also be reckless and careless when used poorly. I think Boston's drill flows smoothly and logically, and I find it exciting. Love the musical arrangements and the NEW ending is wonderful. Well done!

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 5

I dont know if the tragedy in CO. is on everyone's mind, but there is absolutely no energy coming from the crowd OR the field. :(

LOL .. if I was in the sound booth .. I'd go thru 2 rolls of duct tape on that cable .. including the door that's effecting it. SEAL THAT BUGGER SHUT!

They are redoing the whole thing, and trying to find out where the cable got jacked. I'm sorry it's making all that noise... not happy about it.

Those of you talking about Cadets being boring, hey you can have your opinion, but I think they are fantastic this year. There show is packed with GREAT GE! Yes, they have a few cheesy moments and some "goo" at the end that they need to be careful of. Oh, and by the way, it sounded like the crowd gave them a big ovation. Also, keep in mind that the pit/synth/audio clips will cut through our web feed more so than they actually are at the stadium. Don't judge the balances with these corps to harshly by what you hear on the FN feed.

Thought the Bluecoats sounded fantastic and they marched MUCH better than when I saw them on FN at the Minneapolis show. LOVE that brass sound.

Carolina Crown sounds amazing and it looks to me like they have cleaned the first 2/3 of their show. That last 1/3 really needs work, but I also suspect that all the corps are cleaning a bit slower this year due to the heat index.

I really enjoy Boston's show. Maybe they are not moving as fast as Crown or Cadets, but then again speed isn't everything. Speed can also be reckless and careless when used poorly. I think Boston's drill flows smoothly and logically, and I find it exciting. Love the musical arrangements and the NEW ending is wonderful. Well done!

I was wondering about the audio clips possibly sounding different to us than it does in person. Glad to hear that. Bluecoats have a pleasing show, imho.