San Antonio Sizzler!

I just can't help but think would the Crossmen be in First place with this mess of a show, no. The blue Devils could sit in chairs and...oh wait

Because the Crossmen couldn't perform it at the same level. I love it when people think drum corps scoring is based on fan appeal.

• Like 2

That is an incredibly naive and arrogant take on the show ... but whatever. You don't have to like it.

Not really. An actual quote from their show is that, "It's impossible for our art to not be ironic". Is irony not a clinging point of the hipster movement? That they do stuff just be weird and ironic as they see it?

• Like 2

I'm sorry, this is so hard for me to say, as a loyal Phantom and Crown fan...That show is just incredible. I loved every minute. I was one of the few who stood and applauded. Great job BD. Crown next, we shall see....

• Like 5

Were the hotdogs more entertaining than whatever that was BD just demonstrated? Seriously. They sound and look great, year in and year out usually the best, but how in the world does this translate to GE points? I almost never connect to these shows and from the response from the audience neither does a majority of the rest of the world. Sorry, I don't get it. Score them 1st in brass, drums and guard and visual performance, but to be placed 1st in GE is a joke.

• Like 7

Our last competing corps of the night is Carolina Crown from Fort Mill, South Carolina. Their 2012 program is entitled "For the Common Good" and consists of:

Dreams by Moren, Bertrand

Fanfare for the Common Man by Copland, Aaron

They played the crap out of that show! And yet, at least on the hi-cam, only one guy stood up for them at the end. Granted, it's a very limited view of the audience, but that still tells you all you need to know about BD's show this year.

I'm a Cadets homer.

I like BD's show this year.

More than Cadets.

• Like 3