San Antonio Sizzler!

I wish to let all know I'll be blogging on DCI.org live from the San Antonio show today, and will also be presenting the scores as they happen. Between that and Kevin Gamin's superb blogging here on DCP, I hope we can bring a little part of the live excitement home to those who can't be here in person.

• Like 6

Predictions for tonight:

Crown over Blue Devils. Thought last night it would happen until I learned Crown would be first to perform. They have to be hungry to show people thy can beat BD and since it's going to happen sometime, why not tonight?

BAC will place at least 7th. Madison will place ahead of Cavaliers.

To make things a little more interesting: Bluecoats over SCV.

Crossmen will make the top 12.

16-18 will be Colts, Troopers, and Jersey Surf, all three earning respectable scores.

My predictions:

1. Blue Devils (and I must say the show is growing on me)

2. Crown (-1 from BD)

3. PR (Clean.)

4. Cadets (Bigger gap to PR tonight.)

5. SCV(with a very small gap to Cadets. I think with the new ending now in, they will pass Cadets and maybe PR.)

6. Bluecoats (They perform well, but I don't get the show. The voiceovers are depressing.)

7. Madison

8. Cavies (Hate the show, but they have improved.)

9. Spirit (Keep pushing into the top 8! We want to see you and Madison in Murfreesboro next year!)

10. BAC

11. BK

12. Crossmen

13. BStars

Agree about the PR Cadets gap

I wish to let all know I'll be blogging on DCI.org live from the San Antonio show today, and will also be presenting the scores as they happen. Between that and Kevin Gamin's superb blogging here on DCP, I hope we can bring a little part of the live excitement home to those who can't be here in person.

I'd like everyone to know I'll be at the show in the Scouts VIP block. Not twittering, not blogging, not DCP-ing, :tongue: but watching Drum Corps! Can't wait!

Edited by SFZFAN

Predictions for tonight:

Crown over Blue Devils. Thought last night it would happen until I learned Crown would be first to perform. They have to be hungry to show people thy can beat BD and since it's going to happen sometime, why not tonight?

BAC will place at least 7th. Madison will place ahead of Cavaliers.

To make things a little more interesting: Bluecoats over SCV.

Crossmen will make the top 12.

16-18 will be Colts, Troopers, and Jersey Surf, all three earning respectable scores.

I honestly believe people need to stop making excuses for why Crown is not beating BD. They are not as clean as BD and they will not get there as long as the visual staff keeps changing and changing and changing what the members are doing on the field. Crown needs to focus on cleaning at this point, not CHANGING. If not, they will change themselves right out of contention. By the way, the Crown members are doing an EXCELLENT JOB performing the most difficult show in DCI right now. BD is clean, no doubt! But there show is not nearly as involved as Crown's. But, just because it is difficult and involved will mean little to nothing if it isn't clean by final's week.

• Like 3

If Gadget is reading this, can you post your commentary to the Open Class forum for the first four corps? We're trying to jump-start that forum to get more Open Class fans involved.

I know it requires jumping back and forth, but it would be nice for the Open Class fans to get a taste of what a good color man adds to the online experience!

Thanks!

Garry in Vegas

My predictions:

1. Blue Devils (and I must say the show is growing on me)

2. Crown (-1 from BD)

3. PR (Clean.)

4. Cadets (Bigger gap to PR tonight.)

5. SCV(with a very small gap to Cadets. I think with the new ending now in, they will pass Cadets and maybe PR.)

6. Bluecoats (They perform well, but I don't get the show. The voiceovers are depressing.)

7. Madison

8. Cavies (Hate the show, but they have improved.)

9. Spirit (Keep pushing into the top 8! We want to see you and Madison in Murfreesboro next year!)

10. BAC

11. BK

12. Crossmen

13. BStars

I was with you up until about 7th place. I don't see Spirit over BAC just yet. It's coming .. but not yet. Cavies may hold 8th .. but I have a feeling that reality will have sunk in quite well for the membership by now ... At some point they're most likely going to go on autopilot and sink to 9th or 10th.

Spirit is a very very VERY hungry corps ... they still have issues with cleaning visual that I hope they can overcome this year. That will put them in the TOC next year if they overcome this obstacle. I think Madison and BAC will be duking it out for 7th tonight. Madison has the show to challenge Coats by the end of tour ... they will surely have the fans on their side .. but ultimately 7th is the ceiling I think. A GREAT continuation of their rebirth under Mason.

Crossmen (I would love to see in 12th) but I fear they just don't have the demand or the brass strength to compete with Blue Stars. If they do surpass them .. it will be in other areas. I dunno .. I just don't see it. I even have a feeling that Blue Knights are about to make their surge and could end up 9th or 10th by the end of the summer.

Looking forward to this very much, especially along side the FN broadcast!