Olympics - Blue Devils Staff Whre Are You?

I watched the Olympics Opening Ceremony last night and was disappointed. It was probably the worst opening ceremony at an Olympics in some time. I kept thinking, "the Olympics need the Blue Devils staff to design the program for you." I bet the design team for BD could put together one great production.

• Like 2

It was terrible, everyone at our "viewing party" was bored

Pretty sad when they put so much time and effort into these things. I liked the beginning, but wow did it go down hill quick.

To keep it on topic - yes I think a drum corps staff could do a better job than a movie director

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

Not sure which was worse, opening ceremonies or NBC's coverage. Probably the latter.

• Like 1

So of the 1,000,000,000 + people who watch the opening ceremonies, 999,999,950 will not have read the Wikipedia link explaining what their show is about...

The show needs to cater to multiple cultures. IMO BD has enough of a challenge with the current "seasoned" DC community. The Olympics are not DCI.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 4

London was an Open Class show. Beijing? World Class!

• Like 1

So...IF...

...if you are the Blue Devils staff THIS YEAR and you have a chance to have BD perform their entire show LIVE at the opening ceremony of the Olympics, and the DCI FINALS are the same day, where do you take your corps?

+++

note: if someone wants to make this into a poll, go for it. Multi-time champs BD might make one decision, Crown might make another, Cadets another, PR another. This will get you down to your core vales real fast. :devil:

Totally disagree. Thought the opening ceremonies were clever, funny, interesting and spectacular and rightly so, very different to Beijing. These showed the human face of the typical Brit.

I question why NBC edited out the tribute section to the 7/7 bombings (which for those of you don't know, happened in London the day after it was announced that London had won the Olympics). So maybe the editing by NBC left much to be desired?

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 1

Totally disagree. Thought the opening ceremonies were clever, funny, interesting and spectacular and rightly so, very different to Beijing. These showed the human face of the typical Brit.

I question why NBC edited out the tribute section to the 7/7 bombings (which for those of you don't know, happened in London the day after it was announced that London had won the Olympics). So maybe the editing by NBC left much to be desired?

Agreed...bad decision by NBC. The opening ceremonies were hit and miss for me...to much politicization in my mind. And I love the Olympics...working and running the data center in Salt Lake City saved my life. The opening ceremonies were just too much

• Like 1