Olympics - Blue Devils Staff Whre Are You?

oh please!

I've lived there, half my family LIVES there, I GOT IT.

It just wasn't very good. Reeked of shoe-string budget (in comparison to the last few) and was filled with leftist ideals, slow pacing, bad "dancing", terrible "drumming", weak transitions, very bad "pop" music for the most part. It just wasn't very good IMO

Just because somebody doesn't like something, doesn't mean they need a users guide to it, or it went over their head. Same goes for drum corps :)

Ok, then if you got it, the comment of "some people don't get it" wasn't applied to you, it was for those that say they didn't get it. :tongue: Just merely stating that in my experience, when it comes to British humor, a lot of Americans either like it and understand it, or simply don't and become bored. That's all. :cool:

Now, you understood the show and still didn't like it. I respect your opinion. I like what I saw of it. I didn't get to see the whole thing though...so I'll have to try and find it on youtube (like it's not all over the web haha!)

• Like 1

1343509208[/url]' post='3186784']

oh please!

I've lived there, half my family LIVES there, I GOT IT.

It just wasn't very good. Reeked of shoe-string budget (in comparison to the last few) and was filled with leftist ideals, slow pacing, bad "dancing", terrible "drumming", weak transitions, very bad "pop" music for the most part. It just wasn't very good IMO

Just because somebody doesn't like something, doesn't mean they need a users guide to it, or it went over their head. Same goes for drum corps :)

IN YOUR OPINION

Glad most of the world's media didn't agree with you

Glad most of the world's media didn't agree with you

An elite group of morons, for the most part.

I'm with George. It went all downhill after "Danny Boy."

• Like 1

Remember, just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean it was bad. Maybe the Brits should have used forced labor to make a spectacle like the Chinese. Doing a ceremony on a "shoestring budget" was probably a good idea in today's economic situation.

Here's an idea: YOU design, direct and produce the next Olympic opening ceremonies. Oh, and do it within that organizing committee's budget.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 3

Remember, just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean it was bad. Maybe the Brits should have used forced labor to make a spectacle like the Chinese. Doing a ceremony on a "shoestring budget" was probably a good idea in today's economic situation.

Here's an idea: YOU design, direct and produce the next Olympic opening ceremonies. Oh, and do it within that organizing committee's budget.

Garry in Vegas

And, just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm not allowed to state my opinion. What is it with society today that it's so acceptable to personnally attack someone just because you don't agree with what they say? Nowhere did I compare it to what the Chinese did. I thought it was mediocore. As George said, whatever dude.

• Like 1

Hey... they played Ska... twice! Both traditional (Millie Small - "My Boy Lollipop") and 2-Tone (The Specials - A Message To You, Rudy").

Anyone that includes Ska in their programming is OK by me! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYj9J4UH8ck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYq3WVPRqg

• Like 2

Who's to say BD's staff DIDN'T have a hand in the opening ceremonies??

After all, people are complaining that it was boring and that they didn't "get it".....

Personally, I dug it. It's hard to follow what was done in China, but I feel the Brits did a solid job.

----------------

On a side note, all this griping about BD I feel is forcing me into a BD honk and defending them. Plan9's already got that market cornered. So let's ease up a bit, shall we? :)