Interesting fact

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this were a circuit based on execution alone, then this would quite possibly be a valid statement. No design team has a perfect record, however

Dance derby of the Century. Case in point

• Like 1

The only time I've ever heard DCPers make nasty comments about individual marchers was during the Great Cadets Bashathon of 2005-2008, to which the mild hand-wringing over BD is paltry in comparison. DCP is a much better place nowadays. Reading comments on YouTube videos, Twitter, and Facebook makes you realize how friendly this forum is. Relatively speaking, anyways.

That said, this is a competitive activity. People are going to root for the corps they enjoy and against the ones they don't. That's the way it is. It's not personal.

Edited by Rifuarian

The only time I've ever heard DCPers make nasty comments about individual marchers was during the Great Cadets Bashathon of 2005-2008, to which the mild hand-wringing over BD is paltry in comparison.

....I don't remember the comments being about the Cadets specifically. I think G. Hopkins was the direction of the majority.

You are right - this is mild in comparison.

Edited by LincolnV

....I don't remember the comments being about the Cadets specifically. I think G. Hopkins was the direction of the majority.

You are right - this is mild in comparison.

There were some really ugly things said about the costumed performers in 2006 and the "drum corps saved my life" kid in 2007. They were deleted pretty quickly, of course, but they're still seared in my memory. Really unfortunate.

Funny thing is that some of the posters/fan groups that were forefront in all the ugliness are now complaining about how mean DCP is when it doesn't even come close to what the Cadets endured. Weird.

Edited by Rifuarian
  • Like 2

Absolutely NOTHING in the OP had ANYTHING to do with cheerleading AGAINST any kid or any corps. It was TOTALLY a post of encouragement for the KIDS in Carolina Crown.

Your child is having a wonderful, positive life changing experience with what most agree is one of the greatest drum corps in the history of the activity.

Most fans of DCI always want another corps to win the championship than the one sitting at the top. That is true for ANY corps. We all have our favorites. No single corps has had, or will ever have, the majority of the fan base.

Enjoy the last two weeks of the season. It looks like it will be a very special one for your child's corps.

Thank you for stating my intentions in a 100% true way.

DCI Atlanta 2008

Blue Devils: 94.525

Phantom: 93.375

Spread: 1.15

DCI Atlanta 2012

Blue Devils: 93.15

Crown: 92.00

Spread: 1.15

It can happen guys. Its not too late :)

I'm really likin' how you're thinkin'...

Come on Phantom!

• Like 2