West Chester Shenanigans

I'l see you there Kathy. Hey peeps, the quick exit from the stadium might help you getting there too. Traffic is always bad on show days, one lane in and all.

My concern is not with the top 8, so your reference to Cavaliers and Vanguard is irrelevant. I'll worry about them if BK ever approaches their scores.

Do you think the spread between Crossmen and BK (2.5 points in Atlanta) is close enough to affect the judges scoring based on order of appearance...the same as, say, the .7 difference between BK and Spirit? Keep in mind, please, that I asked a question in another thread as to whether performance order can affect the judges scoring and the general impression I got is that it might. My question in that thread also specifically referenced BK and Spirit.

Look, barigirl78, you are free to take issue with my assessment, but I stand by my contention that Crossmen are not at the same level as BK. In fact, others have express similar evaluations. Now, I know there is a possibility that Crossmen could come very close to...or even pass BK, but I don't think it's likely. Same as it is possible that BK can overtake Scouts...but not likely.

Anyway, I thank you for your admission that you don't know the answer to my question.

Something to consider is that each judge deals with their own caption. In the West Chester show, the judges will have seen the BK right after Crossmen.

There were several captions that even in Atlanta, the difference between BK's score and Crossmen's score for a judge was in the 0.1 to 0.3 range. For those judges in those captions, I would say the Crossmen is a similar level corps. The Color Guard judge, for instance, isn't going to be looking at two corps that are as far apart as you are implying, but two that are at the same level. So, your premise about BK not having any immediate competition isn't going to apply to that judge, is it? That judge isn't going to be judging the Blue Knights, but the Blue Knights color guard.

I'll admit that there were other captions that the difference was substantial and "on a different level" may apply.

Also, different judges can see different things. In Atlanta, one of the GE Visual judges had Blue Knights and Crossmen 0.7 apart. The other had them 0.3 apart. So, if this show is being judged by one or the other, it could make a bigger difference than the order of appearance.

I know I haven't answered your question, but I hope this gives you some factors to think about and figure out the answer on your own.

Edited by barigirl78

Looks like the bad weather is going to miss the show tonight. I'm staying a few blocks away from the show site so hopefully I won't have any transportation problems.

Well I am here. If u see an old guy with blue shorts and a blue tshirt with broadway show logos...that is me! I am sitting on a bench near a bldg called a natatorium. BTW I am pretty tall... About 6'3"

Edited by MikeD

Here is the schedule:

7:40pm Jersey Surf

7:57pm Crossmen

8:14pm Blue Knights

8:31pm Intermission

9:01pm Carolina Crown

9:18pm The Cavaliers

9:25pm Santa Clara Vanguard

9:42pm The Cadets

https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=OW5yMXFiMXZmNWQ2bmQ1NWU1OGY1dGpwbXMgeWVhLm9yZ19hMzZyYTR1Y3VncWxpazd0YWQ3NHNia2Npa0Bn&ctz=America/New_York&gsessionid=OK

1343855845[/url]' post='3191467']

BTW--Anyone know who the judges are tonight?

Michael Stone ( GE Vis )

David Starnes ( GE Mus )

Bret Mascaro ( Vis Prof )

Mike Lentz ( Vis An. )

Lee Carlson ( Guard )

Mike Rubino ( Brass )

Bill Doyle ( Mus An. )

Chris Romanowski ( Perc. )