What would you like to see Jersey Surf do next year?

Anything entertaining like this year's show. Going back and checking out the recent years, they seem to have gone a more serious route since going world class. I want them to recapture the entertainment factor they have this year and several of their open class years.

Edited by gbass598

Jersey Surf could do a trbute show to the Velvet Knights. Complete with red sneakers, playing of " Brazil ", and a spoof on " Esotericism "... "Dadaism".... " Minimalism "... " Cubism "..." ornithologism" or some of the other " Convolutedisms " that are the current rage. The Jersey Surf were a welcome antidote to the high minded, preachy, introspective, confused themes that run rampant in too many of the show designs of DCI Corps the last few years. I hope Jersey Surf takes a a comedic crack at doing a needed spoof on Drum Corps... past or present. We need to laugh at ourselves more in this activity, imo. Self deprecation with creative humor can be enobling, imo.

The Jersey Surf started their pre show with self deprecating humor... the Mom calling her DM Son on the cell phone bit. The Corps laughed at itself. And we along with them. They had us at the cell phones " Hello ". What a big hit they were this year with audiences from coast to coast. Who cares where they finished. They won over the audiences. Thats always considered a great success in the Performing Arts no matter how we look at it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

Bridgemania Part II

There's still a whole lot of the old Bridgemen stuff I'd love to hear again, and every time I either saw Surf live this summer or watched them on FN (and trust me, I watched them a LOT on FN) I got goosebumps when they hit that first note. They kind of remind me of the Madison Scouts back in the 90's, you KNEW they were easily going to be the most entertaining show of the night but the judges weren't giving them the love. Madison was ALWAYS the crowd favorite and multiple standing O's and a 45 second to one minute ovation at the end of the show were part of every performance.

• Like 1

Bridgemania Part Dos: A Drum Corps Fans Dream with a Door, Mirror, and a Chair. :tongue:

...anything comedic!

• Like 4