Blue Knights over Glassmen and Crossmen?

Ok..... Different year different membership, lots o new young talent and rook outs! Design is still way more challenging this season. No offense to BK 2010 and 2011... Very proud of my kiddos and the corps from those years. BK not necessarily moving up this year cause Madison, Boston and Spirit all great much improved this season! Any finalist year is a good one esp with talent in corps 1-19 this season. Think I'm getting u don't care for this BK show... To each their own:)

Wes P

Eh...2011 demand was tough. The intro/last 3rd was wicked.

I disagree. Watch that show closely... it's #### difficult. I'd say easily one of the top 5 shows this year in terms of overall (musical-visual-individual-ensemble) demand... they are doing some amazing things out there on the field.

That being said, they are still quite dirty, and I think they aren't getting penalized enough (except in brass) for that.

Yes and this show will open more doors for these types of shows. The last three years was to tell the crowd, indeed, Blue Knights have a drum corps. Now, and in the future (everybody will be world famous), Blue Knight have mixed the two new styles, and hopefully we'll see another revolution.

...and it was a treat to watch them go off one after the other at Atlanta, duya think Mr. Stravinsky would have liked it?! Heh, I know *I* did, having seen both groups at the beginning of the season and loving both books.

Fun to see both interpretations of Stravinsky on fun network :) btw people don't like choppy yet given a full meal deal of one piece for a show, they continue to critique; what gives :D

Fun to see both interpretations of Stravinsky on fun network :) btw people don't like choppy yet given a full meal deal of one piece for a show, they continue to critique; what gives :D

...oh, who knows, Linda? Other than the human part of it all, I haven't a clue. All I know is that what composes *me* in this small niche of ours, is all I have to go on...there are certain things that have emphasis in anyone's drum corps psyche; we are, after all, ruled by what is important to us, eh? I was listening to a sports radio jock the other day, where he was deriding *anything* adjudicated (it was a show about the Olympics, IIRC)...he much preferred a merit-based (i.e., you win the race by running fastest) system. Unfortunately, tho, our activity demands judging not only by those charged with the job, but those sometimes not-so-knowledgeable fans, too, both in the stands and the internet. I love it! ALL of it!

I think BK's show is absolutely terrific. Sitting up high in both Allentown & San Antonio (as well as seeing their field show in the rain at DATR), I think the show has tons of GE - and especially visually. The design of the show is stellar, there is a TON of demand, and the corps is achieving a great deal of that demand. This is all a matter of taste, of course, but while Glassmen are technically competent, their guard, percussion & GE all lag BK. Crossmen don't have the demand or content to get in front of them either, and visually there is plenty of dirt in Crossmen's show (Don't get me wrong, Crossmen have my 2nd favorite show on the field this summer). I think BK is safely in top 12, and could threaten as high as 9th or 10th if they have a stellar cleaning week.

Harvey

I couldn't have said it better.

After reading all of this I just revisited Fan Network and watched all three of these shows back-to-back.

BK's show is definately difficult. BK gets flack for not playing, well they're not just standing there either. Take a look at them when they play, they're flat out running in many parts of the show. They're running and they use the WHOLE field. They form circles, make arches and form patterns and at times doing it backwards, blind marching, all at high speeds. It's innovative, they did something new but most importantly they had the guts to get it out there.

It definately isn't a straight line and stand still show. I would suggest watching them again because I don't see the other two corps being all that clean.

They'll be in finals, hands down. :thumbup:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 3

Eh...2011 demand was tough. The intro/last 3rd was wicked.

No question about it:)!!! It was a marvelous show from top to bottom!!

Definitely one of my favorite shows this year, right along with BD, Cadets, and Cavaliers. It's good to see such variety and guts in programming choices.