Blue Knights over Glassmen and Crossmen?

Great drill and demand should only get credit if they do it cleanly. which BK does not.

Not close the cleanliness of CROSSMEN, BLUE STARS, SPIRIT,or GLASSMEN and even PC

And the Brass only plays half the show. There is NO WAY they play as much as CROSSMEN , BLUE STARS ,or Spirt.

Sorry. your biased has gotten in the way. and the quality suffers when they do play.

I think the original post had merit.

Not really. If this show were immaculately clean (musically and visually), they would be top 5. This show has more difficulty than at least Bones and probably Spirit. It reminds me of diving in the Olympics----your degree of difficulty affects your score....You can perform the heck out of an easier dive and not get the score of a dive with higher difficulty that is performed with a lesser degree of execution......

• Like 2

Great drill and demand should only get credit if they do it cleanly. which BK does not.

Not close the cleanliness of CROSSMEN, BLUE STARS, SPIRIT,or GLASSMEN and even PC

And the Brass only plays half the show. There is NO WAY they play as much as CROSSMEN , BLUE STARS ,or Spirt.

Sorry. your biased has gotten in the way. and the quality suffers when they do play.

I think the original post had merit.

Wow.... Fiction Can Be Fun!!!:) ummm ok where to start-

Bias- You found out I'm a BK fan..... #### I thought I was keeping it a secret.... 13 years as a teacher means I speak from a bit o experience also.... Wait a minute- whats this I see.... BK beat Boston in total GE and almost in vis last night.... They tied Bluecoats in subcaption of Vis Analysis.... And are 1 pt out of 9th... My bias is showing again... Oh wait it's not my bias it's the SCOREBOARD!!

Sarcasm off- Seriously tell me one thing I've stated that isn't true? They don't play half the show? If that was the case the judges would be putting them in a different scoring bracket! Truth is some DCPers see BK doing something different and don't like it, thats cool, but it doesn't mean its bad quality...I stated before and I'll say it again- BK is not likely to miss finals and will be 10-11 most likely! Is that bias? Nope- Is it rooting against others And tearing them down? Nope- It's just that BK has cleaned its beast of a show and is achieving! I dont have to show bias... Either that or the judges must be biased... Holy Conspiracy Batman- The Green Shirts Are BK Assassins..... They're out to cheat everyone else... Honestly I'm being silly as you can tell, but I'm a BK fan and homer for one reason- my students and ex students Marching.... I have 3 this year- GO MATT, GO CHRIS GO JEREMEY!!! Last year there was 5, 4 the year before etc.. My students have seen the wonderful family environment that Mark Arnold has established year in and out and they love it! I'm cheering for them.... If that makes me the Worlds Largest Homer??? Guilty as charged, but, I'm pretty qualified to make an educated assessment of what drum corps on the field:)

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 4

Since it seems to be unclear how much BK plays during the show, I checked it out. After the preshow, in the roughly 11:30 show, most of the corps plays 7:22, with horns being down or on the ground for just over four minutes. There is about 20 seconds worth I counted in the "horns down" number that does feature the miked bari solo (the second one, towards the end of the show), but no one else is playing, so I'm not sure if that should count or not.

So, they play for nearly 2/3 of the show. Which was, I admit, more than my impression. Other corps may take a lot of time off playing, but they tend to do it in shorter bursts. With BK this year it does really stand out, particularly the first minute of the show proper.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

Wow... I got minus 2 for joking/poking fun at myself.... And cheering for my students!!! Tough crowd!!:)

• Like 2

I think many of us have our own opinions about whether the scores and rankings accurately reflect "what they should". If I were king, Blue Devils; Crusaders and Blue Knights would all be a couple spots lower. Madison Scouts, Crossmen and Jersey Surf would all move up a couple or more slots.

As you can guess..... I agree with the originators observation and share his questions. But since it is not likely that I will be named king between now and finals, I also agree with Wes that it is pretty likely that BK is in the top 12 for Saturday nite - if not 10 or 11.

You BK fans (Wes) - when someone posts that they arent sure the judges scores reflect their observations and asks for an explanation, continuing to point out the scores and rankings doesnt really answer the question. So I'll try asking it a different way....

What is it about BK's show design that is so strong? Especially in comparison to the other corps that are 10-14?

• Like 2

Wow... I got minus 2 for joking/poking fun at myself.... And cheering for my students!!! Tough crowd!!:)

Got 5 chances at pluses and used 2 tonight; I like the movement to set the stage, the intricate interpretation of birds; it's a journey culminating to a crescendo (imo)

• Like 1

Not really. If this show were immaculately clean (musically and visually), they would be top 5. This show has more difficulty than at least Bones and probably Spirit. It reminds me of diving in the Olympics----your degree of difficulty affects your score....You can perform the heck out of an easier dive and not get the score of a dive with higher difficulty that is performed with a lesser degree of execution......

Umm. No and No. Great that you support your favorite corps so much. A top 5 show??? Not close. Bottom of top 12 at best and probably 14th when all the finals dust clears and we look back more objectively. Dance demand higher than some. Risky concept beyond most. Dirtier than many. individual challenge, less than most top 15.

Edited by mirrormen
  • Like 3

Umm. No and No. Great that you support your favorite corps so much. A top 5 show??? Not close. Bottom of top 12 at best and probably 14th when all the finals dust clears and we look back more objectively. Dance demand higher than some. Risky concept beyond most. Dirtier than many. individual challenge, less than most top 15.

Excuse me?

• Like 1