Blue Knights over Glassmen and Crossmen?

All I know is I absolutely loved BK the last 2 years. I was pumped when I found out they were doing Firebird this year but have been sorely disappointed. All that dancing and running around before they even play their instruments is just really annoying. Preshows are generally a waste of time and this one is the king of bad preshows. Please tell me the superior Crossmen show will take it's proper place in the top 12 over BK or the fish show from BS.......

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 5

All I know is I absolutely loved BK the last 2 years. I was pumped when I found out they were doing Firebird this year but have been sorely disappointed. All that dancing and running around before they even play their instruments is just really annoying. Preshows are generally a waste of time and this one is the king of bad preshows. Please tell me the superior Crossmen show will take it's proper place in the top 12 over BK or the fish show from BS.......

BK's pre-show is essential for setting up their story. IMO, their show wouldn't be as good without it.

btw, I also think it's a long shot for Crossmen to catch BK.

Edited by RockyGranite
  • Like 4

All I know is I absolutely loved BK the last 2 years. I was pumped when I found out they were doing Firebird this year but have been sorely disappointed.

I agree with ya......

I will also add that the Crossmen are let down for me as well in 2012.....was expecting a lot more Crossmen groove. Was kind of hoping they would have extended last season's groovy sound even more in 2012. Crossmen also (after a subtle year last season...kind of a cleaning of the slate if you will) have ramped up their use of electronics and bass synth in 2012.... :(

• Like 1

After this show...BK aint going out of finals.

• Like 1

The drill is insane... Outside of the top 6 tell me a corps with more field coverage and up tempo 180+ marching? actually marching and playing... Go look, are they fantastic? As to the playing... They're playing just as much as anyone and have beaten both BStars and spirit in horns numerous times the past few weeks. They didn't last night, but they're all very similiar in quality...

Wes P

Great drill and demand should only get credit if they do it cleanly. which BK does not.

Not close the cleanliness of CROSSMEN, BLUE STARS, SPIRIT,or GLASSMEN and even PC

And the Brass only plays half the show. There is NO WAY they play as much as CROSSMEN , BLUE STARS ,or Spirt.

Sorry. your biased has gotten in the way. and the quality suffers when they do play.

I think the original post had merit.

• Like 4

BK's pre-show is essential for setting up their story. IMO, their show wouldn't be as good without it.

btw, I also think it's a long shot for Crossmen to catch BK.

But its not just the pre show. the flying continues 1:30 into the program before anyone plays 1 note .

As for CROSSMEn catching them .after the scores tonight and allentown i also think its a long shot.

But they should not be scoring where there are.

• Like 6

Great drill and demand should only get credit if they do it cleanly. which BK does not.

Not close the cleanliness of CROSSMEN, BLUE STARS, SPIRIT,or GLASSMEN and even PC

And the Brass only plays half the show. There is NO WAY they play as much as CROSSMEN , BLUE STARS ,or Spirt.

Sorry. your biased has gotten in the way. and the quality suffers when they do play.

I think the original post had merit.

Half the show? Methinks you need to re-watch the show. I don't think any hornline plays only half of a show.

• Like 1

But its not just the pre show. the flying continues 1:30 into the program before anyone plays 1 note .

As for CROSSMEn catching them .after the scores tonight and allentown i also think its a long shot.

Give us a judges perspective of why they shouldn't. Or give us a judges perspective of way Crossmen should be scoring higher.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter HOW much dancing they do. They could dance a full five minutes of their show...and if the judges determine they danced and marched and played and entertained to the level of 86.05, then that's what they did. That's where they should be scoring. Regardless your opinion as to whether they should be dancing at all.

Look, you can have a personal preference for the type of show you like to see. That's fine. I do too. But for you to determine that BK shouldn't get the scores they've received just because you don't like the kind of show they've chosen to do is ridiculous. If you were a judge with that kind of attitude, I'd be calling for your dismissal.

• Like 2