Teal Drum Corps

Haven't found this topic here yet, so... Teal Sound is going to rebuild its organisation under a new name: https://www.facebook.com/TealDrumCorps

Any guesses? I hope its going to be a successfull comeback for them.

One can certainly hope! Maybe a few of the hardcorps members from Boston will be kind enough to pass on some of their valuable knowledge on this topic to those who can help positively affect the situation.

Maybe it's me but since Teal has only been gone for a few weeks (and especially seeing how appeared to unravel) is it at all possible that a sufficiently good business plan has been developed, to engender trust in the abilities of a new organization? Mind you the 2012 DCI season is not yet over!

I would be concerned there is again an endevour being pursued, built on hopes rather than reality. I wish them all the best but I should think a truly vetted and viable busines plan and a realistic, acheivable mission statement has been composed; along with a board of directors and an executive corps leadership/structure is assembled before they go too much further. Maybe this announcement is a bit premature. Want some advice? Slow this down.

• Like 2

Maybe it's me but since Teal has only been gone for a few weeks (and especially seeing how appeared to unravel) is it at all possible that a sufficiently good business plan has been developed, to engender trust in the abilities of a new organization? Mind you the 2012 DCI season is not yet over!

I would be concerned there is again an endevour being pursued, built on hopes rather than reality. I wish them all the best but I should think a truly vetted and viable busines plan and a realistic, acheivable mission statement has been composed; along with a board of directors and an executive corps leadership/structure is assembled before they go too much further. Maybe this announcement is a bit premature. Want some advice? Slow this down.

I am not, nor have ever been, affiliated with the organization at Teal Sound. I have a lot of respect for many of the people involved in the organization, and I wish Teal the absolute best, but I am not in a position to accept (or espouse) advice in regard to the corps. As long as more kids close to my house are having a good summer, it's a good thing, and if Teal can re-establish its professional reputation, all the better.

So glad to see this, I hope on this thread we can forget the negative of the past and be supportive and positive with this new start for them! :thumbup:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

• Like 4