Teal Drum Corps

Are they just reorganizing as a new group to get out from under the debts of the previous group?

Isn't that similar to how the new VK organization was able to start up without absorbing the remaining debts of the old VK organization?

We should not speculate but wait for the truth to emerge.

Can they just call it Turquoise Noise? That's what we called them when competing against them? Maybe it would remove some of the bad memories.

I honestly wish them the best, but am very wary of this working. Anyone else remember when Magic came back in 2005 for a season, then re-folded? They still had tons of bad memories associated with that name, and they sank fast

• Like 4

Is it just me or does the Facebook pace look very "Nagy" like? I certainly hope not!

• Like 4

Are they just reorganizing as a new group to get out from under the debts of the previous group?

Isn't that similar to how the new VK organization was able to start up without absorbing the remaining debts of the old VK organization?

I hope they come up with a better name than "Teal Drum Corps".

Edited by JamMan
  • Like 4

Can they just call it Turquoise Noise? That's what we called them when competing against them? Maybe it would remove some of the bad memories.

I honestly wish them the best, but am very wary of this working. Anyone else remember when Magic came back in 2005 for a season, then re-folded? They still had tons of bad memories associated with that name, and they sank fast

not just bad memories unfortunately but alot of past debt,,,miss magic

I think its just the curse of Drum Corps in FL

• Like 1

I have always hated the Teal name. I wish it would change.

I get that they are using it to keep the connection but it was a bad name to start with.

• Like 1

How about "Firebirds"?

:tongue:

The reason for the name Teal....they are in Jacksonville, FL home to the Jacksonville Jaguars whose colors are black, and you guessed it, Teal. I'm guessing some of the original seed money came from some higher ups with the team. Possibly the same is true this time as well.

But I agree, FL is cursed and so is that name. Pick something else.

Is it just me or does the Facebook pace look very [personal edit] like? I certainly hope not!

I wouldn't be concerned unless they eclipse the initial posting by mentioning a start-up grant from Eli Lilly and follow that with a heavy accent on free parking.

Seriously, now; it sounds like this group has their heart in the right place and they deserve our best wishes, and I know that everyone on DCP is very eager to give them that.

• Like 4