2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

BD with perfect scores in 6 subcaptions.... is that a record?

:doh:

all i have to say about that.

• Like 1

Congrats to BD on #15. Don't know what about this show was different, but I "got it" on some level. As much as I'd love to see someone new at the top, there's no denying that you set a performance standard that goes unmatched more often that not. That in and of itself is impressive. I may hate it, I may love it, but please keep doing what you're doing.

To Crown, thank you for illustrating what made me fall in love with this activity to begin with. What you guys accomplished (not merely attempted) on that field was nothing short of astounding.

• Like 3

Quote:

Michael Boo: BD will be presenting a victory run-through soon. Their pit equipment is off to the side, barely sticking out of the tunnel.

Unfortunately, perhaps only 10% of the audience is left in the stands to witness it. Michael Reed from yesterday's Semifinals blog concurs with that figure.

If anyone wants to get a great seat for the run-through, they can pretty much write their own ticket.

I so wish that wasn't the case.

End quote

I suspect that if Carolina Crown was on the field, there would be a lot more people staying around for the encore!!

To BD's credit, scores do the talking for them.

Apparently, so does fan attendance.

XV

Congratulations, Blue Devils!

And congrats are due all around, what a great year for drum corps!

+++

Some other awards DCI didn't have time to announce:

All by Myself Award - Blue Coats, 2 points in front of Boston, 2 points behind Santa Clara

Come from Behind Award: Boston, for catching and passing Cavaliers who themselves made a great late season run.

Underachievers Award: Crossmen, who after passing Blue Stars to make finals, nearly caught and passed Spirit of Atlanta!

:doh: to the underachiever award to a corps that went from 17th to 12th. Did you mean to give it to the Cavaliers?

Also, been meaning to ask this and keep forgetting. Has anybody else noticed on that little promo for the Founders Trophy: As they're going through the corps that have won, when they get to Phantom Regiment they initially show a BD plaque and then quickly pull it away revealing the 2008 Phantom plaque. Kind of a dickish move by DCI but I still find it funny!