2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

So I closed DCI.org and then re-opened it to check for recaps (which are up) and suddenly the link to the livestream fires back up and starts playing the trophy promo. No idea what it's going to play next lol

Ah it's just replaying the scores retreat. So if anybody wants to see it that didn't get to go to DCI.org before they pull it.

that's hilarious.... the looks on the dev's faces... like they could ever match against crown in brass... crown has a lock on that award for a decade now.

Can you explain how Crown has had a lock on the Jim Ott for a decade please?

• Like 1

Recap is up. I dont know what Brandt was on tonight, but Crown was.5 back in Visual. They didnt tie for Visual at all! Drums were 6th, .8 back from BD. Crown won GE Music, BD perfect 20's in GE Visual, .45 above Crown.

Maybe Brandt was on the kind of stuff where you realize that caption awards are averaged to include prelims, semis and finals. :devil:

Can someone explain to me the mechanics of how exactly they can mess up announcing the winner of high brass?

XV

Congratulations, Blue Devils!

And congrats are due all around, what a great year for drum corps!

+++

Some other awards DCI didn't have time to announce:

All by Myself Award - Blue Coats, 2 points in front of Boston, 2 points behind Santa Clara

Come from Behind Award: Boston, for catching and passing Cavaliers who themselves made a great late season run.

UnderOverachievers Award: Crossmen, who after passing Blue Stars to make finals, nearly caught and passed Spirit of Atlanta!

Fixed it for you! Thanks for being positive, though! Good thoughts!

Edited by mfrontz

Crown needs to hire Michael Gaines and perhaps someone experienced and good to come in and take over their percussion.... both these areas are weak

One moment - wasn't Thom Hannum in charge this year? he doesn't qualify as "experienced and good"?

• Like 1

Congrats to the members of BD for your gold!

Crown, as frustrating as it is, don't change your approach to drum corps! Keep pushing the physical limits! (someone has to!)

Phantom, glad to see in the top 3!

Cadets, magical show!! Definetly will replay and watch every holiday season! But allow me to be critical. Go aggressive again maybe?

Yay drum corps!

BD has the upper hand and the fight for 1st next year will be no doubt even tougher! Corps are out for blood now and glad BD could be that catalyst! Will sure to be exciting!

• Like 2