2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

I've been married 27 years, and I freely admit I'm not perfect in the overall score, but can you guess what sub-caption I AM perfect in? :inlove:

:thumbup:

taking out the trash and leaving the toilet seat in the down position ?

The award is for visual performance not the overall visual score so I assume the visual proficiency score is the one to watch

Thanks you for the correction. At least someone knows how to communicate still on this forum. :smile:

That's been my worry 2009 with these types of visual shows... Everyone is going to need to copy in order to have a chance at winning...

It makes me wonder why the people who hate Amplification and Electronics can support this type of show....it changes the activity just as dramatically, and not in a positive way IMO

I haven't been on all season because of the hatred I've heard regarding this years Blue Devils' show. I've waited for this moment to come and I knew they would win from the start. Yes, Crown, Phantom and even the Cadets and SCV had great shows this season-but not as great as the Blue Devils. Yes, I'm bias-but that's to be expected. I also liked Madison's show this season because it was, well-Madison (highly entertaining). I don't expect people to come out and say they like the Blue Devils this season because the show has no drum corps appeal to the average fan. You simply aren't going to listen to the mp3 of the corps' performance and like it because it's not -that- kind of drum corps show. I marched in '82 and people LOVED the show-and many still do. Those of the 2012 Blue Devils are probably not going to hear how people loved the show-but again, I don't honestly think they care. They won and they were crowned the champions by the judges-so blame them and not the kids, they're the experts. If you feel cheated that they didn't play a "Blue Devils" kind of show this season-that's something you can take up with their design staff. They were the Blue Devils and they did what they had to do-be the best they were supposed to be. Agree or not-they are this year's champions and deserve the respect for obtaining that placement. I may or may not be back to read the positives and/or the negatives of the post-why bother, either you agree or disagree-that's entirely up to you. I am very proud they won like we did 30 years ago. Congratulations to the 2012 Blue Devils!

They'll have to just wait twenty years like 93 Star did to get their love.

Congratulations Devils!

• Like 1

Thanks you for the correction. At least someone knows how to communicate still on this forum. :smile:

apologies accepted :tongue:

I haven't been on all season because of the hatred I've heard regarding this years Blue Devils' show. I've waited for this moment to come and I knew they would win from the start. Yes, Crown, Phantom and even the Cadets and SCV had great shows this season-but not as great as the Blue Devils. Yes, I'm bias-but that's to be expected. I also liked Madison's show this season because it was, well-Madison (highly entertaining). I don't expect people to come out and say they like the Blue Devils this season because the show has no drum corps appeal to the average fan. You simply aren't going to listen to the mp3 of the corps' performance and like it because it's not -that- kind of drum corps show. I marched in '82 and people LOVED the show-and many still do. Those of the 2012 Blue Devils are probably not going to hear how people loved the show-but again, I don't honestly think they care. They won and they were crowned the champions by the judges-so blame them and not the kids, they're the experts. If you feel cheated that they didn't play a "Blue Devils" kind of show this season-that's something you can take up with their design staff. They were the Blue Devils and they did what they had to do-be the best they were supposed to be. Agree or not-they are this year's champions and deserve the respect for obtaining that placement. I may or may not be back to read the positives and/or the negatives of the post-why bother, either you agree or disagree-that's entirely up to you. I am very proud they won like we did 30 years ago. Congratulations to the 2012 Blue Devils!

No one is blaming the kids, I just think that the Scores are a bit ridiculous, (I personally think its pretty #### insane that they were Perfect in almost all captions, BD is good, but not that good).

I am proud for the kids since they won the Championship, I fully Understnad and respect that BD was on a another level, I just feel like they are turning off the crowd with these weird ### Show ideas that need a wikipedia page to understand, and its causing the boos and negativity. BD is a powerhouse and always will be, I'm just afraid that they are losing the "Respect" from the newer, and Younger generation, for some of these ideas they are doing. (My dad was a huge BD/SCV fan, so I grew up listening to 80's-90's shows, I love Constantly Risking Absurdity, and their City of Glass show to an extent.)

I just don't want, what BD is doing, to turn away a newer generation to this wonderful activity.

I dunno, maybe I am just on my soapbox. This is what happens after sitting through Cowboys and Aliens.

Edited by ohwiseone

I've been married 27 years, and I freely admit I'm not perfect in the overall score, but can you guess what sub-caption I AM perfect in? :inlove:

:thumbup:

Edit: I should clarify, I'm not bragging on myself, I'm just reporting what's on the judging sheets. :cool:

I must ask then...why are you still posting on the forum?tongue.gif

Hmmm. Lets see:

QuarterFinals : BD 29.4 to Crown 28.75 = +.65 for BD

Semifinals : BD 29.6 to Crown 29.25 = + .35 for BD

Finals" BD 29.75 to Crown 29.25 = + .5 for BD

Thats a 1.5 lead for BD over 3 nights.. So how am I wrong again...

Apologies accepted... :tongue:

Apologies offered! :cool:

They'll have to just wait twenty years like 93 Star did to get their love.

Congratulations Devils!

I disagree while Stars show pushed limits and changed the direction of visual design it still based itself on established norms.

BD is changing the entire paradigm of visual thought. They are pretty much killing form to form marching and putting more emphasis on an intellectual program rather than entertainment.

• Like 3