A plea to *insert corps name here*

Why do you slam everyone's opinions down, start saying nice things or just don't post along. And SCV doing Phantom of the Oprah :shutup:

Phantom of the Oprah - has to be one of the funniest misspellings I've seen so far. :smile: I suspect you didn't mean to make me laugh - but I thank you for that.

Now for more giggles - what tunes would be included in that show?

Why do you slam everyone's opinions down, start saying nice things or just don't post along. And SCV doing Phantom of the Oprah :shutup:

reading comprehension much?

wasn't slamming any opinions, I was just saying Maslanka won't let anybody arrange his music, that sad face should indicate that I actually like the music and am sad that he won't let anyone arrange it.

Phantom of the Oprah???

25459489.jpg

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 2

Would love to see Phantom revisit "Symphonie Fantastique"!

Someone should consider Mancini's score to Arabesque (as long as I'm dreaming here.) The main theme is screaming for a pile of aggressive brass. The best bit is the spooky chase-through-the-aquarium sequence. It still gives me goosebumps. Lots of innovative percussion and effects - not sure how that will translate to the field, but would be fun to attempt.

It's such a big drum corps cliché that the ballad is lovey-dovey - I'd like to see one that is genuinely eerie.

Edited by newdaddy

I would love to see no corps revisit anything they've ever done.

Bad enough that Hollywood is so hard up for ideas that they need to "reboot" everything from Total Recall to Carrie.

I'd like to think that show designers in the drum corps world to be a little more creative. Yes, sometimes it works (PR 2008), but more often than not, trying to remake what once was just ends up lessening both.

Just read in the paper about the anniversary of the premier of John Cage's 4'33" on 8/29/1952.

Was wondering why no Corps has tackled this piece?