Best Non-Finalist Moments of DCI 2012

There are several threads on "best moments" or "favorite shows" for this season, but the majority of the picks are for the Corps who made Finals this year. Having seen all the World Class Corps (and many of the Open Class) live and on Fan Network, I know there are dozens of great moments in shows that you didn't see on Saturday night.

Let's say DCI wants to add extended highlights of some of the non-Finalist shows to the Finals DVD (maybe to spark interest in purchasing the full set). And they are looking to DCP for some suggestions. (Yeah, I know--not likely. Work with me here, OK.) Pick up to 3 shows and around a minute or so from each show as your favorites. The selection can be a continuous selection or snippets from the show which demonstrates why you think this show is special. If you want to show some Open Class Corps some love, that's fine with me.

I'll start with 2 of mine. I have more, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

• Colts: "All By Myself" closer, DM Trumpet solo. Gets me choked up just thinking about it!
  • Jersey Surf: NO, you can't include the entire show.:tongue: So, I'd show the Bridgemen Shuffle and part of "Land of Make Believe" (it's one of my favorite tunes).

Are there more?

• Like 2

I liked the full corps chant in the Mandarins show.

I also loved "William Tell" in Surf's show.

Oh, and the "sacrifice" and drum feature in Academy's show.

Pacific Crest's "True Colors."

Edited by BlooFan

Glassmen closer of the Organ Symphony. What a great arrangement, played magnificently, I could listen to it all night.

• Like 4

Mandarins drum feature. LOVE the writing, and they can definitely play.

The Academy's field entrance and 10 bass drums, though I loved the entire show.

I know it didn't make it to finals week, but honestly, Teal Sound's entire show. I really wish a finals-week audience had the chance to see it. I caught a youtube video from earlier in the year and it was truly enjoyable.

• Like 2

Jersey Surf's baritone soloist!

That kid had some chops

Edited by RockEuph

I know my daughter will kill me for this because Cold Play has been banned from our home(she is on the horn line), but I love the opening to SCVC Heroes and Legends.