Cavies sound guy out of control

At Allentown everybody in the stands around us agreed that Cavies sound was painful in volume,, thinking that it would be fixed for Indie,, not the case,, when the hornline came in it was a let down due to the excessive sound from the speakers,, and the synth sound playing over the snare feature was just to much

• Like 9

I've said this before, but this same corps had the volume so loud at Allentown last summer my ears literally hurt. I do work in construction and I'm particularly sensitive to loud noises, but this was the only corps I had to put my fingers in to cut the volume.

• Like 2

I had the same experience at two shows I saw Cavies at which were about a month apart (Whitewater and West Chester), so I'm willing to bet that a: it was the same way for the whole season and b: they didn't care.

Sitting in row 2 right in front of the speaker was downright painful. Couldn't stand it, they needed to fix that.

They design the shows for the judges ears. If you were sitting near the judges you would have received the proper balance. Live sound is a really tough and sensitive gig in this activity and it's pretty much impossible to make everyone happy. In the end this thing is a competition so the corps are going to balance the show for the people in the green shirts.

• Like 2

I had the same experience at two shows I saw Cavies at which were about a month apart (Whitewater and West Chester), so I'm willing to bet that a: it was the same way for the whole season and b: they didn't care.

and c the judges danced around the issue