DCA Annapolis Predictions

I predict that Fran's shirt will be outrageous and louder than many small jets. :tongue:

Well, at least Fran's shirts are still in the key of "WTF".... worthy.gif

"My shirts however, will remain in the key of WTF"

~ Fran Haring

a rule? Do I get paid for making this rule?

Beverages of your choice.... thumbup.gif

Well, at least Fran's shirts are still in the key of "WTF".... worthy.gif

"My shirts however, will remain in the key of WTF"

~ Fran Haring

Just remember, in order to avoid permanent retinal damage, the American Society of Ophthalmologists recommends that you not look at Fran and Tony standing together without eye protection.

• Like 1

Ok, ok. Guns down. The Empire discussion was just that....a lively discussion; and i appreciated your points of view and enjoyed the dialogue, including the opportunity to respond with additional information.

It's this Hurcs comment...more specifically, the tag on the end of the comment...the damning with faint praise...that was really an unnecessary zing, IMO.

"Hurcs show is the best I've seen from them in years." Nice.

though it's barely passable and that's actually an improvement over prior years ("i actually enjoy it a little bit")?...not so nice.

see what I mean?

Thanks for the opportunity to provide an answer, and I'll ask you for a mulligan on my "play in traffic" post. It was also "not so nice."

Well, yeah - i'd agree with that. Hurcs show is the best I've seen from them it years...just based on the fact that I actually enjoy it a little bit :sleeping:

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 2

OK....back to the original name of this thread: "DCA Annapolis Predictions"

I predict that in prelims, Excelsior will finish FIRST............... at 2:12 pm

Joe Dz.

I predict that by noon on Monday people will be #####ing about the following:

Annapolis

someone's prelims score

someone's finals score

a caption award

mini corps

alumni show

the weather

and i will probably be the one to #####about the Phillies.

Ok, ok. Guns down. The Empire discussion was just that....a lively discussion; and i appreciated your points of view and enjoyed the dialogue, including the opportunity to respond with additional information.

It's this Hurcs comment...more specifically, the tag on the end of the comment...the damning with faint praise...that was really an unnecessary zing, IMO.

"Hurcs show is the best I've seen from them in years." Nice.

though it's barely passable and that's actually an improvement over prior years ("i actually enjoy it a little bit")?...not so nice.

see what I mean?

Thanks for the opportunity to provide an answer, and I'll ask you for a mulligan on my "play in traffic" post. It was also "not so nice."

Joe, it's okay if he doesn't dig it.

It's like good wine. You may dig Merlot, I dig Riesling. I'm not gonna hate on yah over that. :satisfied:

• Like 1

It is pretty exciting this year,as it was in all the past years.

Will the Kilties catch CV?

Will Renegades be able to jump into the top 5?

Can Reading reclaim the crown?

One thing for certain is that over this weekend, Thousands of lovers of Drum corps will join together for one heck of good time.

Good luck to all,safe journeys to and from.

Being a tad bias,I have to add....... GO MIDWEST !!!!

Edited by JCSeymour
  • Like 1

To ALL my Favorite's.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

(Open)

Hawthorne Caballero's

Empire Statesmen

Renegade's

Kilties

(Class A)

Govies

Windsor Regiment

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Steel City also performed in 1990

That they did. I've been around drum coprs since 1970, but took a few years away from the activity in the 80's. When they came on the field, and they were HUGE that year, I was thinking 'who are these guys'? When they were announced, I was OVERJOYED that DCI had extended an invitation to a DCA powerhouse to PROVE that 'there was life after junior corps'. Then they started to play. VERY impressive!

• Like 1

There are a great number of CV alums that have driven 250+ miles just to get to rehearsal.

Considering most contest were 7-19+ hours away a 285 mile contest seems like a walk in the park.

I applaude those CV members being that dedicated to drive that distance to attend rehearsal.

On our end, Carolina Gold routinely drives 400+ miles to compete. The shortest distance for us has been Nokesville, VA which was still 250 miles from Greensboro.

• Like 1