Crossmen Audition Method

I saw that Crossmen is doing a different way of Audition than most of the other corps. Auditonees are not required to prepare a requested piece but Crossmen gives his contracts according to the progress they made over the camp.

Think thats pretty innovative, never heard of this way to audition. Is any other corps doing the same procedure?

I saw that Crossmen is doing a different way of Audition than most of the other corps. Auditonees are not required to prepare a requested piece but Crossmen gives his contracts according to the progress they made over the camp.

Think thats pretty innovative, never heard of this way to audition. Is any other corps doing the same procedure?

I feel like this is incredibly common

• Like 3

You're right. The progress during the camp is what's pretty common, but I never heard of a corps that's not even requesting to prepare an audition piece.

I never once had to prepare an audition piece.

But I'm also a dinosaur.

• Like 1

When I auditioned in 2000 it was the same way. No audition piece - just show up. As long as you exhibit a base level of accepted talent and IMPROVE over the course of the winter camp season you were golden. I agree with Chuck entirely.

If that's what Crossmen did last year, then why tamper with success?

Anyone who saw Crosmen in late June/early July knew the show had potential, which of course it did. but needed a great deal of work which requires flexibility and the ability to make changes fast. Crossmen worked tirelessly all summer long and as anyone who saw the semi's show knows, they gave it their all in what was perhaps the best show for them this past season.

My understanding is that for most of those who try out for a corps that was a finalist or has potential to be a finalist, the musical skills are a given, so judging based on improvement is probably a good policy and ensures that those who really want to march get the opportunity.

I think if more kids knew this was how early camps work, more kids would come out.

• Like 1