The Bushwackers need your assistance

That sort of says it all.

And while y'all are piling on Stu, maybe ask yourself what's the cost of sustaining bad financial management? Any donations offered here - well-intended though they may be - at best just preserve the status quo. That money won't resurrect Teal Sound or any other corps. It won't pay for a new corps or even new equipment.

I feel guilty singling out this corps because it's likely no more guilty than many before it. Still, I wonder what's the best use for cash if it's drum corps, not one corps, we're trying to save.

HH

If that was moral support thanks :lookaround: The thing is I know that I brought this pile-up upon myself and I have to deal with it; but to to me if we do not see this as an extension of bad business practices which permeate the drum corps activity because of the rose colored glasses of 'love' for the music, we deserve to do have corps after corps after corps go into oblivion.

So, in your mind....let the corps die like all the others correct?

Yes; unless what Mr. Kapp wrote in posting #51 is in error. AMC car company deserved what they got, even if they produced cars driven by racing champions Bobby Allison and Mark Donaugh.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

Between the remnants of Crusaders, Brigadiers and Bushwackers...can a couple calls be made?

We got two empty bingo halls, a $12k current debt, a set of horns, about 65 marchers and 3 sets of alumni.

Dig deep, merge the corps operations, have Dave Keck start the recruiting drive (that is the only guarantee of results on this page), have practice halfway in Saratoga Springs and call it Avant Garde.

Edited by wishbonecav

If that was moral support thanks :lookaround: The thing is I know that I brought this pile-up upon myself and I have to deal with it; but to to me if we do not see this as an extension of bad business practices which permeate the drum corps activity because of the rose colored glasses of 'love' for the music, we deserve to do have corps after corps after corps go into oblivion.

I agree with you. We can't waste dollars on corps that can't manage their money. That's not an indictment of any specific corps. It's just a basic truth in life. Corps like Phantom and Madison have had fundamental financial problems in recent years. Kudos to them for tackling the issues and getting themselves back on sound ground. Teal this season likely made the wrong choice in the beginning to head out before many of the marchers paid their dues. It took the sound financial decision ultimately to cancel the tour for which it couldn't pay.

There's no good answer here except not to get yourself in financial trouble in the first place. Because other people's money ain't easy to get.

HH

Edited by glory

Why did I push this? I have nothing against the Bushwhackers or any person involved in the situation. I pushed this because if we do not view this activity as a business instead of a musical fa la la, right now, whether it is DCI or DCA, then more and more and more corps are going to fold; and the activity will cease to exist while all who tried to do this with 'love' will still be asking why oh why...

I agree DC has to be seen as a business first. But for you to to insinuate in the first few pages that it has to be mismanagement (even with the qualifying "apparently") got my undies in a bunch. Especially since the only information given were from the OP at the time. Looked to me in those posts you were defending the "has to be mismangement" idea more that "DC has to be run like a business". IMO, slamming the debtor does not equal defending the one owed money.

To try to make my opinion clearer, I also spoke up for the bus company when the problem with Teal first came out. The difference was I stated that there could be valid reasons why the contract was dropped and left it at that. No where did I slam TS before the facts came out (or even after).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I would be with you on this 'if' the new corps management had not gone to DCA Championships until all previous debts were settled.

I don't know if the guys in charge this summer were the guys in charge when all the poo started hitting the fan. The short of It is that I need more info.

• Like 1

With all due respect,

There are many out there that march DCA corps, or are of that age, including myself, that have to sit here year after year and be told how DCI ruined everything, and how horrible corps like BD and in most years the Cadets for putting on innovative and intelligent shows, and now we are crying for help from the same people that many people at the DCA level come in and criticize?

I'm sorry, but when was the last time DCA, or DCA corps paid tribute to DCI age/level corps.

No, it's all about coming in here and saying how much better it was "when I marched."

I'm sorry, but I can't support that. Not as a drum corps alum, not as an educator, not as a person.

Seems awfully 2-faced to me.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I can't support that. Not as a drum corps alum, not as an educator, not as a person.

Seems awfully 2-faced to me.

You don't have the first clue what you're even talking about, and this topic has nothing to do with anything you're (badly) eluding to.

• Like 3