Blue stars comeback

I also believe troopers have beaten everyone at some point as well. Didn't they even get a silver medal once?

Troopers placed second in 1973.

Spirit's first year of competition was 1977 and Troopers placed ahead of them in prelims, but from 1978 on, Troopers and Spirit faced each other in finals in 1979, 1985, and 1986 and Spirit placed ahead Troopers in each of those years. Troopers returned to finals in 2009 and Spirit placed 17th in semi's, so they topped them that year.

yes, I did remember that. But during Finals competition, Boston has never beaten SCV and BD, correct?

The only corps Boston has never beaten is BD...until 2013.

• Like 4

The only corps Boston has never beaten is BD...until 2013.

THATS the attitude ! (haha)

• Like 2

Spirit placed 4th in 1980. Phantom was 5th that year, SCV 7th, the first year they did not place in the top 3.

Thank you. I had blanked that year out, for some reason. Thanks for filling me in.

It's Crossmen, Bluecoats, and Crown. All have beaten every other corps at some point, but haven't won a championship.

When did Crossmen beat Blue Devils? I couldn't find it on corpreps.

When did Crossmen beat Blue Devils? I couldn't find it on corpreps.

I thought they had back in the early 80s, but I could be mistaken on that one. The whole not being born thing gets in the way of seeing and knowing all the old scores.

The corps placed 13th in 1980 and we didn't see them in World Class Finals for 28 years, until 2008.

That is not going to happen this time. The corps is financially solid, has great management, a superb staff (either being retained or coming in), and is used to being competitive at a quite high level.

I expect to see a number of corps slipping out of Finals and making it back in over the next several years. There is so much quality out there that fewer corps are "shoe-ins" anymore. And corps that aren't in Finals are pushing those above and below them to continuously get better.

It's an exciting time to be a drum corps fan.

Blue Stars will be back in Finals. Don't know when...but they're sure not going away.

Hey Blue Stars: Not having any attachment to your corps, other than being a fan of drum corps, I've really enjoyed your shows the last few years. I expect to see you knocking on the door to finals next season. Go get 'em - there's fans like me who are pulling for a Blue Stars comeback!

PS - Blue Stars exhibited terrific class at the Indy parade on the Saturday of finals!

• Like 5

I thought they had back in the early 80s, but I could be mistaken on that one. The whole not being born thing gets in the way of seeing and knowing all the old scores.

Thanks for making me feel like a fossil! However, another poster pointed out that Crossmen beat BD in 1991 at the DCI East prelims.

Thanks for making me feel like a fossil! However, another poster pointed out that Crossmen beat BD in 1991 at the DCI East prelims.

Thank you. I knew that Crossmen had beaten BD had some point, I had been told that from an alum of the Crossmen, but he didn't state when it had happened. The early 90s makes sense, since that is when Crossmen were really on top of their game.