Blue stars comeback

Hoping a particular corps will return to finals has always been a something we talk about. What you rarely see if discussion on who won't make finals because of it. In other words, if Blue Stars return to finals next year, they can only do so by knocking someone out who made it in 2012. That second half od the dicussion rarely occurs, maybe because it comes across as pretty negative...but it is factual. You can't have one without the other.

Tough break for them this year but good for X-men too so..

Someone has to make finals and someone has to miss out. Good luck BS!

It's going to be interesting for sure. Now that the Crossmen have finally broken back in they may be getting more home-grown Texas talent coming in. That will make things more difficult for any corps trying to make the top 12.

• Like 3

The corps placed 13th in 1980 and we didn't see them in World Class Finals for 28 years, until 2008.

That is not going to happen this time. The corps is financially solid, has great management, a superb staff (either being retained or coming in), and is used to being competitive at a quite high level.

I expect to see a number of corps slipping out of Finals and making it back in over the next several years. There is so much quality out there that fewer corps are "shoe-ins" anymore. And corps that aren't in Finals are pushing those above and below them to continuously get better.

It's an exciting time to be a drum corps fan.

Blue Stars will be back in Finals. Don't know when...but they're sure not going away.

So that part about us being mutual fans, well it's my turn to give you a hug :)

The Blue Stars placed 13th in 1980 and we didn't see them in World Class Finals for 28 years, until 2008.

The Crossmen placed 12th in 1989 and stayed in finals for another 16 years.

Crossmen have competed in 37 DCI Championships

They have made finals 23 times or 62% .

I believe the CROSSMEN are the only NON DCI CHAMPIONS to have beaten every competing corps today.

Not sure about BLUECOATS they might have also.

• Like 1

I believe the CROSSMEN are the only NON DCI CHAMPIONS to have beaten every competing corps today.

Not sure about BLUECOATS they might have also.

It's Crossmen, Bluecoats, and Crown. All have beaten every other corps at some point, but haven't won a championship.

• Like 1

Blue Stars are close to that. They have beaten every active corps except Carolina Crown.

---tom

Hasn't Boston beaten every other active DCI corps at some point except BD? (beating Cadets pre-dci).

Hasn't Boston beaten every other active DCI corps at some point except BD? (beating Cadets pre-dci).

And SCV, if I remember right?