Renegades to Europe in 2013

September 2013?

Sorry my inclination to do math/research isn't what it used to be. I don't really consider DCA a competitive circuit anyway. As you don't promote something by not allowing that thing to happen in the first place.

That's because no one wants to pay to see 3 people and a ham sandwich spinning a flag.

• Like 1

That's because no one wants to pay to see 3 people and a ham sandwich spinning a flag.

Well, Shadow_7 can compete in SoundSport. Until they won't allow him in a show for not meeting the minimum of five performers and he throws a hissy fit.

• Like 1

Well, Shadow_7 can compete in SoundSport. Until they won't allow him in a show for not meeting the minimum of five performers and he throws a hissy fit.

and remember, it's not his fault he can't get 5 people

WIth Renegades not going to DCA for 2013 at least, I guess every Open Class corps will make finals.

and Empire leaving after this season, what's in store for DCA? Only "x" amount of corps can make finals?

Edited by Contra94

WIth Renegades not going to DCA for 2013 at least, I guess every Open Class corps will make finals.

and Empire leaving after this season, what's in store for DCA? Only "x" amount of corps can make finals?

I think this is the bigger picture here. Personal feelings on a corps aside, I wonder if some of the people on here would want the Renegades to never come back to DCA. Sure seems that way to me. However, every corps DCA loses means one step closer to non-existence.

My personal views on some people have really been altered based on some of their comments of late here.

I don't want to see DCA lose another corps. I do not know the specifics of why the Renegades were suspended for a year. I have noticed that the Renegades, or at least some people from them, speak of them being banned from DCA. Which is it? Were they banned from partipating? Or was it a 1 year suspension? If it was the latter, they are able, if they chose, to come back and participate in future DCA's.

As far as Open Class corps and not having enough for 10 corps for finals, it would look as if Windsor Regiment is making some decisions to put them into Open Class in the future if they keep going the way they have been their 1st 2 years of existence. It would be nice to see what happens with the Centurions in the future. DCA hopefully will survive the loss of Empire. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Wasn't that long ago where we thought DCA was goig to explode with new corps. We saw Heat Wave come out of FL, followed by (and no order here) Corpsvets, Alliance, Music City, SoCal Dream, Renegades,White Sabres, etc. Now we dump on Renegades who may never come back to DCA, we lose a competitive Empire Statesmen, we already lost Brigs and Crusaders...and the list goes on and on.

Maybe instead of being critical, we should see what we can do to ensure that corps stay in DCA. We don't know what will hapen with FL corps due to weather or memberships. Thankfully CV is in good shape. SoCal has been trying every year. So we should embrace what we have left.

• Like 2

Wasn't that long ago where we thought DCA was goig to explode with new corps. We saw Heat Wave come out of FL, followed by (and no order here) Corpsvets, Alliance, Music City, SoCal Dream, Renegades,White Sabres, etc. Now we dump on Renegades who may never come back to DCA, we lose a competitive Empire Statesmen, we already lost Brigs and Crusaders...and the list goes on and on.

Maybe instead of being critical, we should see what we can do to ensure that corps stay in DCA. We don't know what will hapen with FL corps due to weather or memberships. Thankfully CV is in good shape. SoCal has been trying every year. So we should embrace what we have left.

Who is dumping on Renegades? Also the other day you equated comments to bullying? Really?

Something happened, they were suspended, now they made the announcement they are going to Europe, God Bless, have fun and hopefully come back next year. In the meantime, all announcements are still here in DCA section, which is fine, saturate messages all over, but NOTHING, in the international section???

People questioning an organziation when asked to make financial contributions, in extremely hard economic times, when the message was a bit cloudy does not equate being bullied! Come on this is DC, skin has to be a bit thicker.

Seems to me, if you're not kissing arse, then you're picking on someone these days. Geez

Yeah yeah - same as it ever was right? Whatever.

• Like 1

I have no reason to kiss anything Kay. Just certain people dumping on Renegades. I also stick up for other people and corps. I am not affiliated with any corps and will not be...my choice.

Who is dumping on Renegades? Also the other day you equated comments to bullying? Really?

Something happened, they were suspended, now they made the announcement they are going to Europe, God Bless, have fun and hopefully come back next year. In the meantime, all announcements are still here in DCA section, which is fine, saturate messages all over, but NOTHING, in the international section???

People questioning an organziation when asked to make financial contributions, in extremely hard economic times, when the message was a bit cloudy does not equate being bullied! Come on this is DC, skin has to be a bit thicker.

Seems to me, if you're not kissing arse, then you're picking on someone these days. Geez

Yeah yeah - same as it ever was right? Whatever.

I have no reason to kiss anything Kay. Just certain people dumping on Renegades. I also stick up for other people and corps. I am not affiliated with any corps and will not be...my choice.

Perhaps my point was not articulate enough. I don't see anyone dumping on Renegades unless it's done somewhere else then here perhaps. Questioning a fundraiser is not dumping - obligatory in my opinion.

Anyone remember the warm fuzzy reception Holly and Ralph received when starting up Fusion Core? Maybe things are just going full circle.