The Neuroscience of Stage Fright

We had a saying in AAG 77 'sex drugs and glenn miller' (inside joke). As an aside I always had stage fright before a theatre stage performance or as drum major in drum corps in the 70's, often to the point of throwing up before the event. My stage is now a classroom, same fear, same nausea. The years turned into decades; I found that a glass of water and slice of toast plus deep breathing and stretching helped my ongoing stage fright. My fright made me give my all to all then and now; it's all good :)

I respect your opinion, but I suggest no issue is minor to a person when they're the one trying to deal with it.

A person dealing with stage-fright and a person dealing with stage-three cancer; one is minor the other major without equivocation; perception is 'not' reality in medical situations no matter how the person with stage-fright 'feels' it is a major serious situation.

We had a saying in AAG 77 'sex drugs and glenn miller' (inside joke). As an aside I always had stage fright before a theatre stage performance or as drum major in drum corps in the 70's, often to the point of throwing up before the event. My stage is now a classroom, same fear, same nausea. The years turned into decades; I found that a glass of water and slice of toast plus deep breathing and stretching helped my ongoing stage fright. My fright made me give my all to all then and now; it's all good :)

Why stick with toast and water? According to some of the other posters in this thread it would be perfectly fine if, right before entering the classroom, you took a couple of shots of whiskey or downed some beta blockers you got from a friend to calm those jitters.

Good grief.

Mike

With your "Good Grief" I take it that: a) you do not care much that 70% of those prescription drugs were garnered through illegal means; and b) you do not care much that if any of those 70% died the so called friends who illegally supplied the prescription drugs would be held accountable for manslaughter. This is a serious issue not a Good Grief issue.

Edited by Stu

With your "Good Grief" I take it that: a) you do not care much that 70% of those prescription drugs were garnered through illegal means; and b) you do not care much that if any of those 70% died the so called friends who illegally supplied the prescription drugs would be held accountable for manslaughter. This is a serious issue not a Good Grief issue.

Here's an idea... If a person feels the need to use drugs/alcohol/whatever to deal with something, and it has no chance at all of affecting your life, why can't they do whatever they choose? You have already stated that you deal with your issues through a strict adherence to a diet. That works for you. That may not work for others. Who are you to judge them?

• Like 2

... okay, my Good Grief is in reference to a pretty blatant thread hijacking based on the fact that Gizmodo apparently didn't quote an entire NYT article, probably because it doesn't really apply to the topic at hand. So... A) it is.

Mike

... okay, my Good Grief is in reference to a pretty blatant thread hijacking based on the fact that Gizmodo apparently didn't quote an entire NYT article, probably because it doesn't really apply to the topic at hand. So... A) it is.

Mike

Thanks for at least being honest in that you you agree with (a) and really do not care about the use of illegally obtained prescription drugs within the world of musical arts.

• Like 1