Dear DCA Board

Here is a question. If DCA looked upon this appeal favorably and did reverse its decision, would the Renegades now not go to DCE?

• Like 1

I don't know. In my mind going to a different continent instead of DCA qualifies as moving on.

-kg

Again, you had me til people started making demands.

• Like 1

Here is a question. If DCA looked upon this appeal favorably and did reverse its decision, would the Renegades now not go to DCE?

Well.....I doubt it. One, they'd have to eat crow,and 2 people who may have wanted to join for the trip may back out

While DCA topics of late are certainly uneasy to deal with, even disturbing, I have read everything. So, what have I learned?

A vast majority of posters have greater concern for the overall stability, impression of DCA (in its entirety) than any one participant.

This, as it should be.

funny though, when you raise those concerns, people bad mouth you

• Like 1

While DCA topics of late are certainly uneasy to deal with, even disturbing, I have read everything. So, what have I learned?

A vast majority of posters have greater concern for the overall stability, impression of DCA (in its entirety) than any one participant.

This, as it should be.

What he said.

Mike

• Like 1

Again, you had me til people started making demands.

I did not see a demand. I did however see a request. In my view a sincere one based on their position. Is there something else you have seen where they have demanded or used a more demanding tone?

From Lee's public plea:

To avoid any confusion, let me say a few things on behalf of the San Francisco Renegades to DCA, out here in public.

We don't agree with the suspension at all, as a matter of policy.

Second -- I hereby officially and publicly request and appeal DCA's decision to suspend the Renegades, and I assert that the Renegades should be allowed back into DCA competition.

Whatever that process means, whatever rules you have to pass, bylaws, voting among the corps - I request that happen, right now. If it comes to a vote among the corps, and everyone does not want Renegades, vote us out. We'll walk away quietly. But I think this is the last chance to turn this around and we want to stay in the family. Everyone on all sides please put the egos in check, the stakes are too high.

I don't know why I care if I "have you" or not. But for some reason I do.

Here's the thing......by going public like this, it's viewed as a demand.....yes, someone may have made a decision on the corps behalf, and everyone still there doesn't like that.

But, bringing it out here look like a temper tantrum, especially for a guy who said he was done talking about it.

• Like 3

This is so sad. Going on and on, page after page. Now going on to other things even.

Bad things have happened in the Past in BOTH Junior and Senior.

Let's hope that some cooler heads can figure this out. What is the best for all is a Goal.

(The Right answer is the hard part.) So we have to Hope, we can Please as many as possible at least.

DCA and its members have come a Long way cleaning things up from the Past, and growing Bigger & Better every year, on and off the field. The Renegades have done a lot to get DCA All Age, on the West Coast (and a top 10 every year at that). With fans Nation wide.

I just hate to see it all wrecked.

This was sadly the fault of a few people- and trying to take the angle that to just say 'boys will be boys, let them play' isn't really the best for all. Letting it slide just will embolden and encourage more similar behavior.

• Like 1

I quote:

"I request that happen, right now. If it comes to a vote among the corps, and everyone does not want Renegades, vote us out..."

"Request" and "demand" could be freely interchangeable here, especially with the "right now" at the end of the first sentence. One word is far more polite than the other, but the intent and meaning behind the statement is crystal clear. Also, the implied zero-sum/brinksmanship game they wish to play is crystal clear. Consequences being, if nothing is done to the corps-- the troublemakers in their organization can continue to pillage when and however they please with no consequence because precedent has been set.

If Lee wants to fly the Renegades' jet at Mach 2 into a brick wall and total it, I say let 'im. It'll be somewhat entertaining.

• Like 2