Save the Glassmen

I like the regional touring model, but I think it needs to be looked at to see if it will actually make more financial sense. I mean, would you charge full tuition for a more regional tour, possibly with less shows? How about kids that may not look at your corps because they want the full tour? Could impact revenue and quality of membership as well. And these are just a few possible negatives.

What would be really great is to get a full disclosure on operating a corp full time, and then break that down into a regional model and see if it really saves enough money to make it viable. I felt it would before, but now I am not so sure...

It does appear that Glassmen have a good business person running the show now, albeit on an interim basis.

I seriously hope the Glassmen get through this.

One thing that might help is if they have more accesible show designs. It's no secret they have not been a fan favorite for the past 5 years or so.

• Like 1

I seriously hope the Glassmen get through this.

One thing that might help is if they have more accesible show designs. It's no secret they have not been a fan favorite for the past 5 years or so.

No jab at you intended. Just making a joke about myself changing my mind.

No jab at you intended. Just making a joke about myself changing my mind.

No offense taken.

I am broke! My car is dying, need new rear rotors and brakes! Very little food in the apartment. I have money to pay rent, electric bill, and gas in my car to get to work. My wife can't find a job. Save my wife and I!!!!

All true!!!

• Like 1

It amazes me. People were up in arms and flailed around about how all these corps that were in trouble put kids at risk and were so irresponsible. Here's a corps with over 50 years of history who at one point was a top 3 drum corps not that along ago, who is simply saying we got behind, please help us insure our future. The corps could not be more responsible. Everyone always says the corps is too private. Here's a good example. Corps come out looking for help at a bad time and is met by the same naysayers. ###### if you do, ###### if you don't.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. I'm hearing very positivethings about the eff

• Like 3

It amazes me. People were up in arms and flailed around about how all these corps that were in trouble put kids at risk and were so irresponsible. Here's a corps with over 50 years of history who at one point was a top 3 drum corps not that along ago, who is simply saying we got behind, please help us insure our future. The corps could not be more responsible. Everyone always says the corps is too private. Here's a good example. Corps come out looking for help at a bad time and is met by the same naysayers. ###### if you do, ###### if you don't.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. I'm hearing very positivethings about the eff

Glassmen have never finished higher than 5th (98,99,01).

• Like 3

I think what needs to be remembered is the corps is not trying to obtain stability through the donations, at least as far as I can see. They are aware that a long term solution is necessary. But in finding that which he BOD and Mr Stinson seem to be well on their way to doing, the corps needs assistance to get back to zero. They are not using this kind of donation as a permanent means of sustaining the corps. This is a great drum corps trying to fix what's wrong and needing some help in that process.

That's true, and is a great point. It's easy to criticize from the cheap seats, play the "Glassmen/DCI need to do X in order to survive" game. Thanks for the clarification

• Like 1

Well that's one time that one corps dug themselves out and dodged the bullet (they almost went under in the 50s too). Now how many times cam any corps do this and still survive. Things are getting worse folks with expenses and finding money. Even the well run corps can't dodge things forever, especailly with the way lawsuits are flung around at will.

Some may look at this and think it's good that PR came back, I look at it as oh crap we could have lost a corps. Amazing how some think that a corps almost going under is a good sign because it was "almost".

Question: are you saying a corps financial success can be judged by souvie sales?

No, that was just a qualifying statement about their being a top draw/fan favorite. Souvie sales are usually only $3-4K at regular shows and between $5-10K at regional/TOC shows. That'll only buy some fuel and supplies for a day.