Major Announcement coming from Carolina Crown and The Cadets

I heard they are going to reinstate circuit competitions on the local level and resurrect all the corps of the past, save the Glassmen and take care of Pioneer's fuel bill so they don't need the Citgo prize, return the Troopers to their roots, bring the 27th Lancers, North Star, Dutch Boy, Bridgemen, Kilts, Guardsmen, Argonne Rebels, Anaheim Kingsmen, Skyriders, and Velvet Knights back to world Class junior competition, bring back Key of G bugles and traditional guards and drills, reinstate the tic system, take the words marching band out of the dictionary and arrange for anyone who uses the term to be struck by lightning, demolish DCI while at the same time keeping it just as it is and just about anything else any or all of us have suggested in DCP posts.

In reality, the Inaugural Parade may be too early to say at this point (I think the winning candidate has a say in what happens with the parade), so my guess is they will have the same exact tour all summer and both will journey west. If I am right and that includes New England prior to Allentown, that's fine with me.

BTW: While most of what I said is tongue in cheek, donating to Glassmen and voting for Pioneer or any corps vying for the Citco prize are worthwhile and important.

Edited by Tim K

n reality, the Inaugural Parade may be too early to say at this point (I think the winning candidate has a say in what happens with the parade),

Yup.

Well, now that the cheddar's out of the bag, I guess I can reveal that I've stuck with the cream motif for Crown and will be attiring the corps in Philadelphia Cream Cheese packaging. For Cadets I've gone classic, reflecting the 20th anniversary celebration of the corps' DCI Championship "In the string cheese, at the rind when kings goat off to whey" show. I can't speak anything more of the costuming, except that I've borrowed some ideas from "To Brine the Parmesan Crisps" and "Between Asiago and Edam."

With that music I'm sure the corps'll shred. Sounds like a real Gouda show.

• Like 1

The Carolina Cadets of Allentown

"We've gathered you all here today, October 29, to announce that we've chosen the worst possible day to make a major announcement. With the largest storm anyone has ever seen currently bearing down on both of our hometowns, and the presidential election just 8 days away, we are confident that this announcement will fail to make an impact on anyone who is listening. Thank you. We'll take a few questions."

• Like 4

You forgot Halloween.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 1

With that music I'm sure the corps'll shred. Sounds like a real Gouda show.

Here we go! Katy bar the door!

Frankly, this whole idea is full of holes!

• Like 1