Major Announcement coming from Carolina Crown and The Cadets

Maybe they are going to annouce which genre of music they are going to play to honor the cheese. Some good ol R'n'Brie!!!

Personally, I'm hoping Crown does another rock show...I'm thinking of Thomas Colby or something from The Beatles' "Sergeant Pepper Jack's Lonely Hearts Club Band." I'd also love to see a corps do a mid-18th Century show based on the late Ba-Roquefort French Ricotta period.

Seeing that my help in derailing this topic may have contributed to an even bigger derailment elsewhere on this forum, I wish to kindly request that we maneuver back to talking about the upcoming announcement, which we have no idea regarding what is coming down the pike.

And since we don't know, perhaps we can pontificate on whether or not announcements of announcements do more to stimulate interest or generally lead to letdown.

Perhaps more relevant...what is the purpose and potential benefits of pre-season announcements that come prior to audition camps? And what are some of the most memorable announcements that really got us interested and provoked a long-term discussion?

After all this, ANYTHING they announce will be a let down.

• Like 3

What I WISH the announcement would be: a joint venture to bring a corps back from the dead or start a new one.

What it will probably be:

...eh, I'm not one to speculate.

The announcement might be about how both organizations chose to celebrate George Hopkins' 56th birthday today. If that knocks "Frankenstorm" out of the main national headlines, we'll know the party was a success.

• Like 1

An open class feeder corps? Kinda like Cadets2 but in the open class circuit that would act as a feeder corps for the two corps? That would be pretty sweet for the open class division...

I honestly can't see one of the ringleaders of the G7 debacle (Hop) promoting a new open class corps. If I had to guess, I would say it would involve something to do with Crown Ticketing.

• Like 2