DeKalb to host Tour of Champions, not Rockford

After a 2-year visit to Rockford's intimate yet tight Boylan Stadium, it appears that the Tour of Champions is moving down the road, to a bigger DeKalb venue.

Many schedules of individual corps are posted on the DCI website - I assume the master schedule will soon appear.

The DeKalb IL show is slated for Sunday, July 14.

Hip hip hooray!

Added: Rockford's usual Show of Shows -- with your hosts Phantom Regiment -- will entertain on Friday, June 21.

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Like 1

After a 2-year visit to Rockford's intimate yet tight Boylan Stadium, it appears that the Tour of Champions is moving down the road, to a bigger DeKalb venue.

Many schedules of individual corps are posted on the DCI website - I assume the master schedule will soon appear.

The DeKalb IL show is slated for Sunday, July 14.

Hip hip hooray!

Added: Rockford's usual Show of Shows -- with your hosts Phantom Regiment -- will entertain on Friday, June 21.

I like it - seating in Rockford was really tight, and parking was even tighter. The show staff did a good job with what they had to work with, but the stadium was just too small to hold this kind of event.

Fantastic! Dekalb is a great drum corps stadium, super acoustics, and the corps are right in your face. Will be great to be back there again.

Thank God. Its about time. I was getting tired of suggesting PR move the TOC to Dekalb. It will be great to have Drum Corps back in Dekalb!

• Like 2