2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

My use of the terms Video on Demand was not adequate to convey what I meant. I also believe a paid live-streaming opportunity is needed. It's one way to overcome a smaller stadium. Like Jim said, more and more legacy fans drop out each year for economic, health, and other reasons.

It's always better to get $35-50 from living rooms if that money wasn't going to show up at the gate anyway.

I agree. I've said it for years for DCI. Look, if you pay enough for WGI, you get all 3 days of finals weekend. you can only fit so many in UD Arena, and Dayton may possibly less personally appealing as a citythan Rochester is. but I pony up to watch if I can't go, and so do many others. I haven't heard WGI once trot out the excuse "it will hurt attendance". because honestly, those people weren't going anyway

• Like 1

Mine will go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down from 17 1/2 to 15 1/2 hours (one way). :w00t:/>/>/>

:ph34r:/>

I concur Bill! Now tack on another 6-7 hours onto that..That'll match the time Brass and Govies would drive...

For those that are griping about a 5 hour drive, it's longer than that for either the Kilties or MBI/Govies to drive to each other's shows..Gotta get over that small world attitude..or be thankful they're not going to points farther west than Rochacha.

Unless you want to go back to Lakawanna County with those fabulous members of the constabulary. :tongue:/>

Lighten up y'all!!

Pat

PS - I haven't missed a DCA since '98..Truck, motor home, car and plane..I'm just mad I couldn't go to Bridgeport last summer..My wife took the bus..about 25-26 hours.

Edited by goalieguy

Unless you want to go back to Lakawanna County with those fabulous members of the constabulary. :tongue:

Fortunately, with the redesigned baseball stadium now off-limits to marching events, we won't have that....uhhh... pleasure again on Labor Day weekend. LOL

Maybe we could have everyone watching at home turn on their webcams and put their faces on the big scoreboard screen so the performers could see everyone watching at home. :cool:

While I agree with your statements (and I might even watch prelims online rather than go to Rochester again), it is sad for that activity since I believe the majority of the marching members are on the field because they get a thrill out of performing to a live audience. Hard to keep your corps membership up when you are playing to a crowd of 2000 on finals night even though there might be thousands more watching at home. It just isn't the same from the performers perspective.

• Like 1

agreed,..........the only problem is you pay the same money to sit by yourself in front of your computer, or invite a houseful of friends and watch is on the big screen,..............there's just no way to control that,...........

$35-50 that way is better than none at all

ph34r.gif/>

I concur Bill! Now tack on another 6-7 hours onto that..That'll match the time Brass and Govies would drive...

For those that are griping about a 5 hour drive, it's longer than that for either the Kilties or MBI/Govies to drive to each other's shows..Gotta get over that small world attitude..or be thankful they're not going to points farther west than Rochacha.

Unless you want to go back to Lakawanna County with those fabulous members of the constabulary. tongue.gif/>

Lighten up y'all!!

Pat

PS - I haven't missed a DCA since '98..Truck, motor home, car and plane..I'm just mad I couldn't go to Bridgeport last summer..My wife took the bus..about 25-26 hours.

well 5 was ok when I didn't have a little one. now it's an issue.

well 5 was ok when I didn't have a little one. now it's an issue.

yeah jeff. that's what is called sacrifice tongue.gif

Well, been watching this for awhile & listening to opinions. Now, many of you know me,& know I don't readily agree with changes, BUT, I think it was inevitable for pit amplification. In 2006, I was at a function with a well known perc instructor/ arranger discussing the amplification issue. He had told me the original intent was to just amplify the pit insturments which could not be heard & went into details to explain it. It made sense. It was logical. I never thought I'd see myself supporting such an idea, but I do- AS LONG AS ITS THE PIT. Not soloists coming up to a mike, not vocals etc. Just the pit. Yes, even old dogs can learn. Now back to the originally scheduled program.

• Like 1

Well, been watching this for awhile & listening to opinions. Now, many of you know me,& know I don't readily agree with changes, BUT, I think it was inevitable for pit amplification. In 2006, I was at a function with a well known perc instructor/ arranger discussing the amplification issue. He had told me the original intent was to just amplify the pit insturments which could not be heard & went into details to explain it. It made sense. It was logical. I never thought I'd see myself supporting such an idea, but I do- AS LONG AS ITS THE PIT. Not soloists coming up to a mike, not vocals etc. Just the pit. Yes, even old dogs can learn. Now back to the originally scheduled program.

ok so if you can't hear the instuments then why use them in the first place? oh yeah so you could amp them. how stupid. these people wrting today .............